• This topic has 24 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • TEST riders needed for new 24hr racing LED lighting set
  • ktronik
    Free Member

Hi guys,
    looking for test riders to test my new LED bike light, these are made for 24hr racing & endurance type riding…

The higher up the racing ladder you are the cheaper it would be for you…

please contact me for details…

thanks Ktronik

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I'll test a set at the strathpuffer for you

ktronik
    Free Member

Thank you Strathpuffer, please contact me for details of how I can help.

best

Ktronik

bikerbruce
    Free Member

I would test a set Im not an 24hr specific rider but race all the nps,midlands and welsh xc races? Im pretty experienced too.
    And testing in peaks (where i live could prove usability of light in extreme locations?
    thanks
    Bruce Dalton
    Sherwoodpines cycles co-op mavic racing team

njee20
    Free Member

Are those not, by nature, day time events!?

Which light is it you want testing? There seem to be lots listed as *AUSTRALIA ONLY*?

trout
    Free Member

TJ you would not get it in time as Kerry is at the other side of the world .

we still on for a swap Kerry 😆

cullen-bay
    Free Member

EDIT: just read the troute's post…

bikerbruce
    Free Member

oh sh*t yeah i see your point…..i meant during riding and training around here….foiled plan there.
    bruce

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thestrthpuffer is a 24 race in winter – 17 hrs of dark! I am soloing so need 12 -18 hrs light run time 🙂

Want a set testing this can be done. Its in 12 days time tho

GaryLake
    Free Member

YGM…

ktronik
    Free Member

Hey guys,

Trout, you know it!! 7up ready eh??

everyone please contact me for details, but basically I am looking for exposure at races, for ranked riders, so if you are a top 10 finisher @ big events you could get 50% or more discount on your lights…top 20 30% or more…ect

There is only one light HEAD, the options are for battery options, as Australia post has banned the shipping of lithium batterys FROM Australia, the light kit that comes with battery kits are for Australia, you will get batterys shipped from the US for overseas customers…or Maybe UK, any of trouties batts will work if 14.4v…

hope this helps clear things up…

rolfharris
    Free Member

Tell me more about the lights.

I can't quite tell whether or not you get a proper encased battery, or one of those holders for a few standard AA batteries. How's the waterproofing?

Might well be interested.

(If it helps- spokes racing team- 1st Dawn Raid 12hr, 1st Hit the North 12 hour, 2nd Relentless 24hr 2008, 3rd Relentless 24hr 2009, 3rd Strathpuffer 24hr 2009)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The higher up the racing ladder you are the cheaper it would be for you…

Sorry to be so cynical, but it it just me that sees this thread as a thinly veiled sales pitch?

turneround

i'll test them at the strathpuffer for you…Im in a mixed team and we are riding to riase funds for for a local inverness disabled charity… any lights better than the ones we have would be a godsend

rolfharris
    Free Member

turneround- where're you based? I can't do it this year so you're welcome to use my lights if I can get them to you on time.

ktronik
    Free Member

Superstar,

thanks for your interest, its guys like you I am looking for…

my website (built by me) is a work in progress, so not many pics of the battery's I have been testing, (too busy building lights) so far I have been running those 18650 lithium battery holders (not AA) you see, wrapped in plastic then bagged in neoprene & mounted or in a short 'tool bottle' that fits in your cage… but as I can't send battery's OS, I am sorting battery's abroad & have been supplying RC lithium packs to customers… but really, battery's is easy to sort & waterproof…getting a lite, bright head unit, is the hard thing for most…

I start dive testing my light to see how far it will go down…so a bit of UK rain should not hurt it… 😉

K

rolfharris
    Free Member

Cool, I've sent you an e-mail.

ktronik
    Free Member

Peterpoddy, oh how cynical you are… 🙂

Mate, 50% off is my total cost price, to me that's not a sale, its a give away…so its a thinly veiled give away pitch where I make no profit & some fast dude gets some really good lights, dirt cheap…& I get more test results, if that makes me a bad man, then so be it.

I am after exposure & testing @ races…but as I am only a one man show, I can't give them away, so selling some at cost to top 10ers, is the best I can do…

hope that clear things up for you…

K

ktronik
    Free Member

Guys can't send batterys from Australia, but can supply batterys to OS customers but shipped from US or UK…

K

trout
    Free Member

Hey Guys for what it is worth Kerry is a similar setup as myself only he knows a whole lot more than I do about electronics .
    He is a good guy
    and his light is a good product and well made .

kerry the 7up should go to the anodizers this week so hopefully be able to mail one out very soon .

If it helps on the battery front I am sure smudge can do some packs and chargers to suit your Klite
    his standard 4 cell is a great battery .

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Top ten riders? You don't want me then 🙁

Seriously if you can get one to the 'puffer there cannot be a better test.

bruneep

Top ten riders

……

……Can everyone please leave the thread

turneround

superstar…. Im in contin, 7miles away from the puffer…are you highlands based?? PM me at one_sphATyahoo.co.uk

cheers bud…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Peterpoddy, oh how cynical you are…

And how right? 😛

Mark

Trade ad..

Cantact matt@singletrackworld.com for information on advertising on this site.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘TEST riders needed for new 24hr racing LED lighting set’ is closed to new replies.