Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • TescoReaction
  • sv

I like their shop 😉

bland

Some of you got the gist of teh post, most as expected didnt.

It was regarding CRC as a distributor, not a shop. We have had the whole issue of how good/bad CRC are as a shop before.

However one thing i didnt say was how much of a threat to LBS and other distributors is the fact that they distribute and retail the same products so folk cant compete on price.

Anyhow, the thread was about the size and number of brands they distribute and even own (nuke proof and Brand X are two for example, Nuke Proof sold teh name some 8 years ago – nothing to do with the original product if you were wondering, just their brand name for cheap taiwanese imports like superstar – but they are upfront about the origin of the product)

I think the issue is that folk only see CRC as a retailler with a website and not what goes on behind it

Stoner
    Free Member

Brant’s role has been to take the Nukeproof brand and turn it into a more design-led product line, rather than a re-badging of Far Eastern merchandise. You do him a disservice. Check out his work on NP prototype frames at http://www.shedfire.com

bland

If you were wondering, this is the CRC family tree, i.e. all these are owned or distributed by them

720 Armour
    Airwave
    Answer
    Azonic
    Black Market Bikes
    Blackspire
    Blur
    Brand-X
    Brake Authority
    Brave
    Brunox
    Controltech
    Creme
    Da Bomb
    Deity Components
    Dirty Dog
    Electra
    EVS
    Fire Eye
    Gaerne
    Ghost
    Goodridge
    Hayes
    Hurricane Components
    IXS
    Lapierre
    Leatt
    Loeka
    Lynskey
    Manitou
    Matrix Concepts
    Michelin
    NC-17
    No Fear
    No Flats
    NS Bikes
    Nuke Proof
    Octane One
    Point One Racing
    Pro-Lite
    PZ Racing
    Ragley
    RockGardn
    Royal
    Samui
    Speed Stuff
    Stendec
    Straitline
    Sun Ringle
    Tomac
    Urge
    Viper
    WTB
    X-Tools

Jamie
    Free Member

Looking at that list I do believe I have nothing from any of those manufacturers…..actually I might have an old can of Stendec fork spray I got in the flood sale.

wwaswas

doing well, aren’t they 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

However one thing i didnt say was how much of a threat to LBS and other distributors is the fact that they distribute and retail the same products so folk cant compete on price.

Incorrect. They rarely discount their own product to a level that makes it hard for a shop. Namely Lapierre, Lynskey, Ragley etc apart from last years price plummet on the mmmbop but that was an isolated incident.

Hardly any shop would bother with much of the other stuff as it’s just not that great shop stock. For instance, Da Bomb etc. Just plain unlikely to see a shop stocking that at all.

I think you would be suprised with how little they do distribution wise compared to retail level… they need so many brands to drag in a cash flow for a company of that size.

Coyote
    Free Member

I thought Hayes were part of the SRAM family.

Edit: I stand corrected…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have Hayes brakes on my bike.

I have Michelin tyres on my car though. Jeebus…a bike parts company distributing Michelin tyres? That must be a good gig for them.

ziggy
    Free Member

They are only a distributor for most of those brands. Michelin for example can be bought from many other wholesalers, and only cycle related products of course.

Owning and distributing are completely different.

toby1

They do eat babies though, right?

wigglebikes
    Free Member

Yes they do eat babies mate so watch urs

ton

i do 90% of my bike shoping at crc.
    love em to bits
    cheap enough
    loads of stock
    fast delivery
    good returns policy

rustler
    Free Member

I’ve no issues using them, & like it or not they raised the bar for a lot of other bike shops with their free delivery, & next day in most cases.
    My main concern is the effect on the STW second-hand market. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘TescoReaction’ is closed to new replies.