Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tennis elbow
  • belgianbob

I have a case of tennis elbow and, having been to the doctor the other day, have decided that I don’t want to wait for it to get worse so I can go back and have a huge syringe full of steroids pumped into it, so…

What can I do to treat it without injections? I’ve already been six weeks without weight training and now it’s getting worse. I wouldn’t mind if it took a similar time to heal as long as it does so properly as I’m keen to miss as little biking as possible.

All help appreciated.

druidh
    Free Member

Had this once and I fannied around for months trying various things. In the end, I went for the steroid injection and – though it was bluddy painful – it cured the elbow quickly and permanently.

yunki
    Free Member

cut down on the w*nking

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Is it definitely tennis elbow and not referred pain from a neck injury?

fruitbat

You’ll be glad you don’t have Tennis Ball then.

TheSanityAssassin

Fitting a pair of bar ends on the mile-muncher has restored me to a pain-free condition in both elbows. I’d been suffering with ‘permanent’ sharp pains on the inside on both sides. I also struggled with pain in the outside of my right elbow for quite some time before I went to the Doc. He stuck the steroid needle in (which I’d describe as being a bit of discomfort and certainly waaay less painful than the tennis elbow) and that cleared up completely in a matter of a couple of weeks or so.

TheSanityAssassin

🙄 double post.

Davesport

I’ve got TE on both sides. It recurs now & again & I’m suffering again after not having it for a couple of years. I’ve had the injections on both sides previously with mixed results. If it’s giving you bother which it obviously is I’d have the injection in a heartbeat. I can honestly say I hardly felt the needle going in & the relief on the side that worked was total & within a couple of days. The other side, the relief was only partial & it ended up going away on its own.

I’d have the jab.

D.

belgianbob

Cheres all.
    REALLY not good with needles, but I hear what you’re saying, except Yunki: I think I’ll just switch hands for my ‘gentleman’s relief’, as it’s helping with my ‘tennis balls’;-)

Have bar ends as well anyway, and they help a little, but not enough.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tennis elbow’ is closed to new replies.