Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tell me about Gravity Dropper Turbo seatposts….
  • ddmonkey

I’ve ordered one for my Orange Patriot 66 (27.2mm size hence limited choice)

They seemed to get good reviews, any experiences or hints and tips? Never used a dropper post before.

Liftman

Check under the rubber boot now and again to clean out any mud or debri, they are mechanical rather hydraulic operated so less prone to any major problems

bowglie

The one I’ve got has been very reliable with minimal maintenance. Apparently, if the look of rubber boot bothers you, it can be removed and the post run without – not sure what effect this has on long term wear etc. (but there’s not an awful lot to go wrong inside the post).

Only tip I can think of is to make sure your butt is out of the way when the post returns to full height! Other than that, enjoy it:)

balfa
    Free Member

The collar sometimes needs a little bit of adjustment to keep it running right (slotting into all the holes). One of mine needed adjusting from new.

If you’ve got a classic don’t point the mechanism to the rear if your planning on riding in the wet.

The 30.9mm version is much better built than the 27.2mm. The mechanism is screwed on not glued, there is a third shim and less play, the post is thicker and there is an extra inch of travel.

The bar lever is not knee friendly or even slightly ergonomic.

ddmonkey

Yeah the lever did look a bit crap in the pictures but I suppose I’ll find out soon enough! 30.9mm not an option so never mind….

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Agree it has been a good bit of kit and maybe my butts used to getting kicked but even when you put the seat back up the turbo has never exactly been a problem. I found the lever fine and when your not looking at it you still know your pushing the right thing. The saddle physically moves when you push it when next to your bike but you won’t notice it moving under your arse. Mechanically simple should make it easy to look after.

GaryBanham
    Free Member

I love mine, minimal maintenance and I love the speed in which it will rise and try to destroy your boy bits! You only get caught out once though 😆

ddmonkey

Forewarned is probably still whacked in the nads once anyway…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Gravity Dropper Turbo seatposts….’ is closed to new replies.