Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Tell me about good quality tools
  • velomanic
    Free Member

Any recommendations for torque wrench sets?

Northwind

Pedros are a wee bit guilty of sticking some cheap stuff in their range and pricing it high because of the sticker, like their cable cutters- my unbranded set cost me £2, their version is the same other than the yellow grips and costs £30! Good cutters mind, way better than Park but still.

I like Teng personally… They’re nice to look at and hold (yeah I know, but still) but also I love the textured finish- makes a big difference when you’re plastered in engine oil or your fingers are frozen. Probably a bit overpriced, but lovely.

Halfords Pro’s really nice but also, the fact they’ve got shops everywhere is great for guarantee replacements- I broke the tip off a 3/8ths T45 torq in the middle of a big job on the car. 5 minutes later I had a new one. (it only broke because I was abusing it, too).

Draper Expert has some surprisingly nice stuff, I’ve had a set of their T-handles for ages and they’re the best allen keys I’ve ever used. But they’re too inconsistent, the brand’s no assurance of quality.

andydicko
    Free Member

For things like bike specific tools go for Park etc….. But for general hand tools go for, Snap On sockets, spanners, screwdrivers. For ratchets go for Facom

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about good quality tools’ is closed to new replies.