Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tell me about Chrombooks.
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

Wife is after a new laptop to help with some course that she’s doing. I was considering letting her use my macbook pro and getting a chromebook for myself.

This would be by far the cheapest option, and would allow me to upgrade/fix my bikes.

Would a chromebook allow me to pester folk on here, stream movies etc, play music and all of that kind of stuff?

annebr
    Free Member

<tannoy> Stoner to the forum, Stoner to the forum</tannoy>

IvanDobski
    Free Member

In a nutshell – yes.

There’s the occasional program mine doesn’t like such as silverlight but 99% of “normal” stuff just works perfectly. As I said on the other thread don’t expect to be video editing or anything fancy and you’ll be laughing.

Stoner
    Free Member

annebr – Member
    <tannoy> Stoner to the forum, Stoner to the forum</tannoy>

hello Anne, long time. Hope you’re well!

George, someone asked the same thing only just today:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cheap-laptop-chromebook-or-something-else

Silverlight wont work, but then I dont like using sites that use silverlight anyway. Flash is supported to some degree. No Java, but then that’s A GOOD THING!

I think you’ll quite happily maintain your trolling prowess with one. 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

if my asus eeepc 701 manages fine (admttedly runnng a very stripped out linux set up) then a chromebook will be fine.

although i use it for watching movies on planes and surfing the net when im in parts of the world i wouldnt take my ipad for fear of having it taxed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Chrombooks.’ is closed to new replies.