Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • tell me about Aston Hill
  • unstableJ
    Free Member

Might go along tomorrow as I'm down south for the weekend.

What's the conditions like there at the moment, is it fairly dry? Is it £6 per person or per car? Is there plenty of parking and how crowded does it get on a Saturday afternoon?

General thoughts on it for a bit of a messing around kind of day, looks good on the website?

Cheers

J

kimbers

there will be plenty of parking

you have to get permits from the website first

it will by super dry and fast tomorrow, id really like to go if i can get there!

soobalias
    Free Member

never done a saturday afternoon there myself.

permit is per person
    conditions are as good as they get round this way at the moment

3/4 DH type runs
    XC loop (6ish miles)
    bombholes
    4X is rough as a badgers arsehole.

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

You can buy permits on the day at 7 quid per person – we went yesterday.

Obviously too late for the OP but the trails were bone dry and running perfectly. DH 4-2-3 is a corker.

badnewz
    Free Member

Bone dry at Aston Hill???? Get there quickly!

Ti29er
    Free Member

The XC course is steep!
    Does anyone know the lap record for a full XC loop?

In the wet the chalk is horrible.

There is always the Wendover Woods near by & they have a café too if you're balking at the £6 fee. Wendover itself is very pretty and you can ride the roads there as it's pretty quiet, over the top, down into Chesham & back in a loop.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Last time I went there you couldn't ride in a straight line it was so slick. Still great fun though, and i think if it's dry then it ill be excellent.

unstableJ
    Free Member

It was indeed excellent conditions, and thanks to all for the info and folk there on Saturday who pointed me in the right general direction of stuff!

My apologies for my DH faux par of riding UP the push up on a number of occasions, I was just impatiant to be getting down again!

back oop north now and it's raining 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

I was riding up the gentler parts of the push-up a few times on Friday afternoon. Might as well make use of the granny ring!

Never seen it so dry, soil was cracking up on black run and DH4 was so dusty I washed out on one of the switchbacks.

Had a great afternoon there. So nice and quiet on weekdays.

soobalias
    Free Member

if you are keen to ride back to the top, follow the XC (ie right instead of left at the bottom)

only done it once in pads/full face – never again.

XC lap has changed a bit recently, but the time was somewhere around 20mins IIRC

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘tell me about Aston Hill’ is closed to new replies.