Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Team Sky kit
  • JAG

I’m thinking of getting a shirt – to show support more than for wearing on the bike.

Question is – is it too popular with the wrong sort of cyclist for me to associate myself with it?

For guidance: I am a super cool middle aged cyclist 😆

monkeychild
    Free Member

Who cares?? Wear what you want. I don’t like the style,so I won’t buy it.

aP
    Free Member

You want to show support for Rupert Murdoch and his right wing conservative agenda? Can’t you just get a t-shirt with a picture of Dave and Gideon standing with the rest of the Bullingdon Club?

cloudnine
    Free Member

I’m thinking of getting a shirt – to show support more than for wearing on the bike

Show support for your waistline or for Murdoch?

Jamie
    Free Member

This is a bit on the nose.

discoduck
    Free Member

I think you should make the Purchase, I think cool middle chicks look great in Lycra 😆

fasthaggis

wrong sort of cyclist

Who is in this group ?

binners

I think its a question of how you’re going to be accessorising it daaaaaaaaaaahling. What look will you be working, girlfriiiiend?

AlexSimon

I like a lot of the riders on Sky, but the outfit as a whole is a bit cynical for me to feel a desire to show my ‘support’. ymmv.

I’d rather support:

AlexSimon

Or…

(not sure I could get away with the colours of this one).

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m thinking of getting a shirt – to show support more than for wearing on the bike.

Who do you want to show your support to? Do you just want people to say ‘look at him, he supports Team Sky Pro Cycling or is it for wearing at races?

Its nice looking kit, wouldn’t wear it myself, but you do what you want.

BigJohn

You won’t want to wear it if you have a beard.

citizenlee
    Free Member

I say buy one! It might make you famous 😀

https://www.facebook.com/FullProKitW

JAG

That Facebook link exactly describes the group of cyclists I DON’t want to be associated with.

Hence not wearing the Sky shirt when out on my bikes.

This question has only arisen because I’ve recently been offered 25% discount at Rapha 🙄

jools182
    Free Member

if you like it, buy it, and wear it on the bike

who cares what cyclists think, the tossers 😉

AlexSimon

That Facebook link exactly describes the group of cyclists I DON’t want to be associated with.

Which – the people who run the page, or the people depicted?
    😉

mattjg
    Free Member

Question is – is it too popular with the wrong sort of cyclist for me to associate myself with it?

I know this one. YES!

m360
    Free Member

You won’t want to wear it if you have a beard.

If he had a beard he wouldn’t be asking STW/wife/gf what he should be wearing 😉

tomhoward

was wondering the same…

mattjg
    Free Member

quite bitter that page isn’t it, the subjects are just people out on bikes really.

sandwicheater

I see no difference between a team Sky top and a England rugby top. If you like the top and team, go for it. Haters going to hate.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

or is it questioning the mentality of adults who still want to dress like their “heroes” – cycling club jerseys, acceptable, if your in the club

team kit, don’t get it, maybe someone (above the age of 13) who likes wearing team kit and enjoys it wants to explain?

iolo
    Free Member

Get fake sky kit if you intend to get some.
    Not only will you look daft but Murdoch will not have profited.
    Some Chinese drugs baron on eBay will be happy for your purchase from them.

mattjg
    Free Member

does it matter? I don’t get it either but they’re just people out on bikes, that’s a good thing surely.

LMT
    Free Member

I got the merino club jersey the team sky version, has a little team sky logo on the back, team sky colours but understated so only the trained eye will spot it.

citizenlee
    Free Member

I think the FB page originally started as a bit of light hearted fun at the expense of the “all the gear no idea” types and people who dress in full TDF garms to pop to the shops etc, which if we’re honest we all find amusing…. but as per most things on the internet, it has gotten a bit snarky and personal.

bensales
    Free Member

In situations like this, one must seek guidance from The Rules.

Rule #17

mooman
    Free Member

Team Sky kit is the cycling version of the Man Utd football kit.

On little kids it shows ambition – on anybody above 16 yrs old its just sad and wrong.

cookeaa

Wear what you like, I’m getting this:

TiRed

I have my Adidas Sky kit. I bought it to show my support at the 2012 Tdf. Sir Dave signed it, and I met the team who signed the boys’s jerseys too.

I have more issues with Rapha-wearing wannabes to be honest!

And no I don’t have a Sky subscription, dreadful.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

how about if your wearing Rapha and actually quite quick?

tomhoward

I wear it as an excuse for being slow.

legend
    Free Member

bensales – Member
    In situations like this, one must seek guidance from The Rules.
    Rule #17

Dangerous game. Some folk on here get so arsey about teh rulez that you’d think you’d just cut then off in your Evoque

dirtyrider
    Free Member

how about if in your day to day life, you do not shop and dress in M&S finest, and actually care about cut and fit? is wearing Rapha then fine or should i just spend 2/3rds less on ill fitting Endura gear?

Sancho
    Free Member

I have one of the mesh (fishnet) ones, dont think i would wear it to the cafe though

DiscJockey
    Free Member

There is definitely a breed of pro-kit wearer who deserve ridicule – the attention seeker who wants people to think ‘oh, is that Bradley’ etc.

There’s one in particular I see sometimes on my daily ride in to work: full Sky winter kit, Pinarello, Garmin that bleeps every time he stops at the lights (which he doesn’t do very often). He’s in good shape, and not slow, although I can keep up with him on an MTB no probs…he never says ‘hi’, he just blanks me out, which a genuine pro would never do 🙂

I live in Manchester, and remember about 6 years back, if you saw someone riding Sky kit/GB bike, it was always a genuine rider like Geraint Thomas – now, I’d have to say, it’s usually a t****r.

People who wear football/rugby tops aren’t attention seekers and they’re not trying to make people look round and go ‘ooh, that’s not such and such is it ?’

Nothing wrong with Rapha clothing – I’m sure they do nice plain, understated clothing without the need to have a team sponsor written on it….

scaredypants

Dirtyrider, you’re stepping on MrSmith’s Sidis there, love 😉

Sancho
    Free Member

fuckinhell attitudes on here are amazing, people wearing sky kit are just wearing the kit of a team they like, i cant do with the knobs on here and their look at me and how i can keep up with a roadie on my mtb

tossers

ratadog

I went out round a loop on my local bridleways one Sunday morning a couple of months ago. I am a middle aged fat lad on an MTB and don’t go uphill fast. My route took me onto and up a quiet side road in one of the local woods and as I span slowly uphill I was caught and passed by a road bike. I bid him a cheery good day and was duly blanked, which is unusual as the roadies round here are by and large a friendly bunch. The rider was about my age and though shorter was proportionately no slimmer. He was dressed in the complete Team Sky replica kit including helmet, overshoes (although the sun was particularly warm for the hour and month) and was riding a Pinarello frame. He had clearly worked hard to pass me and I was able to hold his wheel for a period.

After a couple of hundred meters the slope eased and he glanced behind him. Nothing daunted I said, “nice day”. His response was to turn to the front, rise somewhat unsteadily to his feet and, with a slightly strangled cry of “Wgns attacks again”, try and accelerate away. I kept on his wheel for long enough to utter a somewhat surprised, “Excuse me, what was that?” to which I got no response other than that he sank back to the saddle. As my exit had arrived I let him enjoy his victory and pedaled off into the woods hoping he didn’t hear me laughing like a hyena.

I don’t think he did as he certainly didn’t comment when he came past me sitting at the side of the road having a drink about ten minutes later. The road is a loop and the bridleway a cut through.

scaredypants

“Wgns attacks again”

God I wish that was true 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Team Sky kit’ is closed to new replies.