• This topic has 201 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 202 total)
  • Tea bagging a serious crime now
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

I’ve just read a blokes been given 9 months inside for slapping his penis on a sleeping girls face at a party. Ok pretty stupid and nasty but 9 months seems steep, would he have got the same had she been a bloke?

I’m not codoning it but prison for tea bagging?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Sounds perfectly reasonable. It’s sexual assault init.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Maybe he’ll find out how he likes it.

allthegear
    Free Member

Sexual assault, simple. Waving it around in public is bad enough – slapping it on someone’s face? That’s weird and wrong.

Rachel

ourmaninthenorth

I think sexual assault has been a crime far longer than that specific act has been called tea bagging.

northernmatt

Well reading your description that isn’t tea bagging, as that involves the bit that is more like, well, a teabag.

Even so, it’s not really the done thing is it.

doris5000

yeah sounds fair enough to me. maybe he’ll grow up a bit now.

chambord
    Free Member

Well reading your description that isn’t tea bagging, as that involves the bit that is more like, well, a teabag.

My thoughts exactly. Good to know we can still teabag people without fear of prison.

aracer
    Free Member

Always handy to check out the sentencing guidelines before complaining about how harsh or lenient a sentence is. In this case it seems he’s got off lightly:

Type/nature of activity: Contact between naked genitalia of offender and naked genitalia, face or mouth of the victim

Starting points: 5 years custody if the victim is under 13
    Sentencing ranges: 4 – 8 years custody
    Starting points: 3 years custody if the victim is aged 13 or over
    Sentencing ranges: 2 – 5 years custody

martinhutch

I’ve just read a blokes been given 9 months inside for slapping his penis on a sleeping girls face at a party

And making a video of it and showing it around to lots of people (some of whom then dobbed him in 😀 )

No sympathy.

scotroutes

Doesn’t this fall into the “banter” trap? i.e. it’s the sort of thing you might do to your mates “for a laugh” and without any sexual intent but you can’t expect everyone to find the same behaviour acceptable.

DenDennis
    Free Member

link to original article/case please?

I heard one of my mates at uni had not too different an experience from an old p155head whilst sat down having a pint in a busy glasgow pub…
    😯

(attempted knobslap, not teabag)

alpin
    Free Member

I always thought tea bagging was slapping your testicles against someone’s forehead… What he did is a standard cock slap, surely…

joolsburger
    Free Member

Well that’s me told not sure I see the sexual intent but ok. Guilty of being a massive dickhead sure. And yes sorry it was a cockslap not a tea bag. It’s in the metro paper

aracer
    Free Member

His dick, not his head obviously

seosamh77
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    Doesn’t this fall into the “banter” trap? i.e. it’s the sort of thing you might do to your mates “for a laugh” and without any sexual intent but you can’t expect everyone to find the same behaviour acceptable.

If any of my mates did this to me, obviously they wouldn’t complain when I smashed a chair over their head in response to the banter.

Just craic like.

cookeaa

Bantz? Really?

Dunno, call me and my mates prudish, but I seriously doubt slapping my Meat’n’Two on any of them conscious or otherwise would not go down well within the group…

aracer
    Free Member

Reading that and looking at the guidelines, the sentence seems about right (no aggravating factors, offence at the low end of scale, guilty plea). Surely somebody hoping to be a solicitor should know better?

Trevor Burke QC, defending, acknowledged that the act was ‘extremely unpleasant’ but argued … that the loss of Mr Dale’s studies and future career in law was sufficient punishment.

If that’s the sort of legal argument he’d have made himself, then he’s no loss to the legal profession.

nemesis
    Free Member

not sure I see the sexual intent

Why did he use his <ahem> – there’s all sorts of other ‘bantz’ muppetry he could have done. It seems fairly clear that there was sexual intent of some form whether he consciously considered it so or not.

And I think that’s kind of the issue about sexual violence/abuse isn’t it – people don’t realise the impact that can have – obviously we have to take it as read but the article suggests that it has significantly affected the woman’s life.

ourmaninthenorth

Trevor Burke QC, defending, acknowledged that the act was ‘extremely unpleasant’ but argued … that the loss of Mr Dale’s studies and future career in law was sufficient punishment.

There are enough tools who are lawyers, so he did us all a favour an Darwinised himself early on.

“Banter”? What the Actual ****? Do people honestly believe that doing any of that’s a “joke” and that the recipient ought to just toughen up a bit and see it for the joke it was so obviously meant to be?

I hope he enjoys the “bantz” in the showers at his new halls of residence.

What a ****.

rebel12
    Free Member

Sounds harsh considering some of the pranks students get up to. I awoke once (drunk and bleary eyed) at a party to find a female student on top of me and she was completely naked and in the process of undoing my belt to no doubt ‘cough, ahem’ run a heist on the old crown jewels. Sexual assault? Perhaps? Did I think about reporting it? Did I bu**er, but I did tell all my mates who thought it was hilarious. She didn’t make a video though so that could have been different 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

Pretty unpleasant, I hope prison is a nightmare for him

scotroutes

ourmaninthenorth – Member
    “Banter”? What the Actual ****? Do people honestly believe that doing any of that’s a “joke” and that the recipient ought to just toughen up a bit and see it for the joke it was so obviously meant to be?

Rather than getting all worked up you could always try re-reading what I actually wrote.

nemesis
    Free Member

rebel – the fact is she took a gamble doing it and that’s basically what the guy in jail did – sure the girl could have laughed it off but clearly she didn’t and why should she? She’s done nothing wrong.

rebel12
    Free Member

rebel – the fact is she took a gamble doing it

Not really, she’d probably heard about my reputation 😉

aracer
    Free Member

It’s the sort of gamble that – whether such a difference is right or wrong – you can probably get away with as a woman, but not as a man. Because just as rebel did, most blokes will just have a laugh about it with their mates rather than feeling threatened.

chambord
    Free Member

LAD culture innit

ourmaninthenorth

Rather than getting all worked up you could always try re-reading what I actually wrote.

I did. It was aimed at the idea of this sort of shit being included in “banter”, rather than your correctly pointing out that it is unacceptable (and sufficiently so to be a criminal act).

nemesis
    Free Member

Not really, she’d probably heard about my reputation

Well that’s where it gets tricky isn’t it – different people react differently and it’s not always as predictable as you might expect…

aracer is probably right though but that’s kind of the point – sexual assault is rarely about gratification (which is why the lawyer was stupid to try that as a defence) but about subjugation or power. Blokes usually feel ok in that respect, particularly wrt women. Put it this way, the same incident rebel mentioned but replace the female student with a bloke and it’d look very different for most blokes I reckon.

atlaz
    Free Member

Because just as rebel did, most blokes will just have a laugh about it with their mates rather than feeling threatened.

Would rebel have been laughing it off if it had been a bloke about to give him a seeing to? I suspect not. Sexual assault is sexual assault, whether it’s reported or not.

Got no sympathy with the cock-slapper. If you haven’t worked out by the time you’re at uni that shoving your cock in the face of someone who hasn’t specifically given you permission gets you in trouble, you deserve everything you get.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m certainly not making light of it in case I gave that impression, just that as nemesis says there is a power thing here, along with waking up to find what rebel did isn’t very far from a lot of male fantasies, whilst I doubt such stuff features anywhere on a female fantasy list.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I often hear about ‘rape culture’ among student types and found it hard to believe, however, the attitude shown by some people towards this case reinforces my growing suspicion that this kind of behaviour is seen as acceptable by some

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have been *almost* tea bagged a number of times (fortunately woken up at the right time) and all involved found it hilarious, even if I was grumpy for the first 20 seconds or so. I’ve seen it happen to mates who responded in the same way.

I think I have even been subject to batwinging in a tent. That was unsettling but no one has gone to prison. This probably shouldn’t have gone near the police.

aracer
    Free Member

@CharlieMungus, I was about to suggest not by many, but then somebody else posted whilst I was typing…

dabble
    Free Member

Too lenient, sexual assault isn’t funny, banter or having a laugh. Hope his new cell mates introduce him to some “banter”, the ****.

I opened this thread seriously thinking it was about our national drink. Everyday is a school day (as they say).

*almost* tea bagged a number of times (fortunately woken up at the right time) and all involved found it hilarious,

Why would anyone want to slap their testicles on someone elses forehead? let alone find it “hilarious” ?

batwinging in a tent

I have no idea what this means, but it sounds equally dangerous.

franksinatra

Dunno, call me and my mates prudish, but I seriously doubt slapping my Meat’n’Two on any of them conscious or otherwise would not go down well within the group…

Well you obviously did not go to an all boys school then.

rebel12
    Free Member

Would rebel have been laughing it off if it had been a bloke about to give him a seeing to?

We’ll I wouldn’t have enjoyed it very much that’s for sure, but laugh it off I still probably would have. Might not have told my mates though.

There’s a world away between these drunken antics and something like rape. 9 Months sounds very harsh for what was little more than a joke gone wrong. When you watch Traffic Cops or similar, some of the scrotes you see getting caught stealing cars and putting everyone’s life in danger when they drive at 80mph through a city centre seem to get let off with just a caution, a fine, a ban or similar?

scotroutes

ebel12 – Member
    There’s a world away between these drunken antics and something like rape. 9 Months sounds very harsh for what was little more than a joke gone wrong. When you watch Traffic Cops or similar, some of the scrotes you see getting caught stealing cars and putting everyone’s life in danger when they drive at 80mph through a city centre seem to get let off with just a caution, a fine, a ban or similar?

Ah but you’re not taking into account the feelings or potential long term impact on the victim in the teabagging case.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 202 total)

The topic ‘Tea bagging a serious crime now’ is closed to new replies.