Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • TdF thread [Spoiler alert]
  • Stoner
    Free Member

what a great bit of work by the team.

Didnt quite see the crash near the end, but did that take out the blue team?

redthunder
    Free Member

He did do well.

crazy-legs

Difficult to make out, there was a RH bend that some riders didn’t make, they seemed to go staright on down a side road instead. Minor crash, at least it didn’t wipe out half the field!

Great result! 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

business as usual.
    the team looked good today.

Stoner
    Free Member

whole team leading him in the last few km and to have 1, 2 and 3 at the last 700m, text book.

Stoner
    Free Member

the crash seemed to be one guy in orange mid pack who seemed to drift across the turn and those on his left had to bail into the straight on.

lister-hooded
    Free Member

Nice work by the whole team ….

Great finish by Cav….

redthunder
    Free Member

Nice work by the whole team ….

Great finish by Cav….

Cat Bag Out Of 🙁

…But then again it is a spoiler thread.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Dear Cav,
    A “belle victoire”……..

You just rode away from them. Awesome!

….and Yes, I know the team put you there, and I know the first thing you did after the finish was go and give the team a big hug, and I know you followed ‘protocol’ and shook hands with the VIPs in the right order, and gave the podium girls the correct kisses…..

….but please dude, learn a little French for the interview. They’d love you even more.

SB 🙂

Ed2001
    Free Member

“take out the blue team” “one guy in orange” “mid pack” Superb, clealy very knowledgable, expert analysis you should be working for the BBC. I look forward to your future race analysis Stoner, very very funny.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im terribly sorry Mr Liggett, I didnt realise I was making a bid to be the new commentator.

Ed2001
    Free Member

mr Ligget F*** off Stoner,I really thought you were taking the piss! You sounded like the wife watching football ” Who’s winning?” ” The team in red I think” I thought it was very funny and didn’t realise it was genuine, sorry. Still think you should add your insight to every stage win, you would have me gripped.Stoner your Funnier than Ligget already ! and probably as incisive.

juan
    Free Member

I couldn’t go into Grasse because of it today… I hate roadies even MORE now…

MoreCashThanDash

Stoner could still knock spots off Hugh Porter!

BIKES4LIFE
    Free Member

wish i had his legs

the_lecht_rocks

cav – master – wondrous – now gotta get to paris and win on site 😀

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Looked like the Euskatel bloke lost it and Boonen and a load of others had to go straight on. After the crash it was all over, as Cav had two teammates and only Farrar on his wheel. Still, you make your luck and thats why he was positioned at the front, to avoid that sort of thing.

He should win a load more, as it looks like no ones got his pace. Ciolek and Farrar went backwards and i don’t think Freire or Boonen have the legs anymore.

Best 3 weeks of the year. Do you reckon he’ll get the press that Scottish bloke who lost the tennis did? No, thought not.

the_lecht_rocks

hey rusty – how long before the Cav get’s branded with the EPO , etc, tags unfortunately by l’equipe, etc ?

roddersrambler
    Free Member

I doubt he will make paris…the way he climbed at Abergavenny last week.He should be doing alot better than 6th.

the_lecht_rocks

i hope he reaches paris personally…….

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Cav should be pretty safe from the French snipers. He was first to sign up to that voluntary salary forfeit thing if they get caught. You’d look a bit silly being juiced up after that. Plus he’s part of the British cycling/olympic programme and they must know the system inside out. Colombia highroad boast about how great their internal systems are too.

I think he’s just bloomin’ quick.

the_lecht_rocks

rusty – fingers crossed – go cav !!!!

scaredypants

on a tangent here…

I always thought Cadel Evans was a skinny little fella but he was looking a bit tubby on telly yesterday – could he be concealing a pregnancy ?

aP
    Free Member

Have you got your widescreen set on “funny wide”?

maxray
    Free Member

“….but please dude, learn a little French for the interview. They’d love you even more.”

🙂 Hes Manx, we struggle to speak decent english never mind learning some French.

BigDummy
    Free Member

In redthunder’s picture, the guy coming in about 11th appears to be punching the air. Has he got confused, or is he Cavendish’s lead-out? 🙂

AndyP
    Free Member

aye, Cav’s teammate.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

he glad that the work he put into lead out Cav paid off.

Nice work lads 🙂

roddersrambler
    Free Member

I think he will win again today,second half of the race is as flat as a pancake…might be able to improve on his GC position.176 out 180 😯

AndyP
    Free Member

unless there are some crashes, he won’t pick up many places on the GC. Still, I don’t think he’ll give a toss about that one way or another…

Surfr
    Free Member

Read this from Cav on Twitter (using mark renshaw’s account) this morning:

markrenshaw1 Yesterday with 3km to go, Piet Rooijakkers (skil shimano) kidney punched me. Is he a:stupid b:crazy c:disrespectful d:all of the above? Cav

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

e) deserved to be laughed at like the bad looser he is.

Crell
    Free Member

markrenshaw1 Yesterday with 3km to go, Piet Rooijakkers (skil shimano) kidney punched me. Is he a:stupid b:crazy c:disrespectful d:all of the above? Cav

Better keep our eyes peeled for today’s ninja move then. Just watched it on the replay – assuming I saw it all. It’s a bit “handbagy”.

If you’ve got Eurosport recorded it’s when Harmon says “Boonen still looking for a way round on the left hand side of the peleton”. You see it from the aerial shot. A bit of pushing then what looks like a good elbow or punch.

Skil have admitted that Piet is on an ASBO

anagallis_arvensis

todays stage is a cracker

hora
    Free Member

What was up with Contador?

roddersrambler
    Free Member

I think Alberto and quite a few others just got caught out today..very strange.The only time a break away was going to work was when the winds favoured it (cross wind) and sure enough they broke away with alot of big guns too far back in the peloton to respond.
    I think Cav pushed the fella to stop him getting inbetween him and his teammates on day two which got him a poke in the ribs.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Lance is going to be jumping on Contatdor’s bed this evening shouting who’s the daddy 🙂

lowey

Watched it tonight for the first time. I have to say that I have no idea whats going on with all the tactics and placings… looks much more to it than I thought.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Lance is doing what any half decent no hoper does. Nicks a few places early on, goes for a break or two then drops off as things goes on.

hora
    Free Member

Lance looks waay to muscular (i.e. heavy) at the moment?!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘TdF thread [Spoiler alert]’ is closed to new replies.