Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 149 total)
  • TdF Stage 7 [Possible Spoiler Content]
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Dunno how this thread can be a spoiler, everyone knows what’s going to happen..

4 man break, peloton at ~6 mins, 195km to go.

Interesting to see how close the intermediate sprint is to the finish.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Going for Cav for the win here.
    Suicidal breakaway would be good.
    Bertie to puncture /crash get chased by beef
    Someone to mention drugs /cheating
    Oh and well done you got up by dinner time

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What time zone is he in? It’s barely lunchtime, let alone dinner time!

Cav should have a nice run in here, I think. Fingers crossed!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Is anybody tipping someone other than Cavendish for the win today?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Did you have lunch ladies at boarding school flash ? 😛

Crell
    Free Member

All the sprinters teams will be on their toes today. Breakaway’s definitely in the suicidal camp unless they can get a 20 man effort going from the non sprinter teams.

Another vote for Cav, more so by the way he’s ridden prior to his stage win.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What do you think, Junky? 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

😆

Saying that, it does feel like it’s time for breakfast.

scratch
    Free Member

Bare with me on this, first time I’ve paid attention to the tour, what’s the point of the small 4/5 rider break each day? A chance for the smaller teams to pick up a few points?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

what’s the point of the small 4/5 rider break each day? A chance for the smaller teams to pick up a few points?

1 – Points en route towards Green, KoM competitions.
    2 – Plenty of publicity for the sponsors
    3 – Plenty of publicity for the riders
    4 – Outside chance of making it stick and getting a stage win! Which would equal lots more of the above.

Oh, and as to

Bare with me on this

, you’re on your own I’m afraid. Sitting naked in the office wouldn’t go down too well, I can tell you. 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

where are you today captain? not in the UK i take it?

RealMan
    Free Member

Bare with me on this, first time I’ve paid attention to the tour, what’s the point of the small 4/5 rider break each day? A chance for the smaller teams to pick up a few points?

Also, for the most part, the smaller teams suck. They aren’t going to contest any sprints – most of them seem to get dropped just on the run in. They aren’t going to contest any of the TTs. A few of them might have some ok climbers, but nothing special. Breakaways are their only realistic chance of winning a stage sometimes.

scratch
    Free Member

Ah, cool, thanks!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yosarian, am in That London’s Famous City of London at the moment, having a rather nice lunch. At lunchtime. 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What are you having for lunch, Flashy?

I think I’ve got some prawns somewhere…

(Goes off for a rummage)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Last night’s rather excellent meatball pasta reheated. Which is nice.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh nice. I had a lovely spag bol the day of yest, but it’s all gone now. All gone.

Found some prawns, but I’m out of ginger so I’ll have to nip out in a bit bah it’s bloody raining again.

Prawns with ginger, lime, a teeny bit of chilli and some fresh corriander. Some nice fresh tagliatelli tricolori too methinks. Possibly a little tomato and red onion salad.

(Scuttles off to Waitrose)

headfirst
    Free Member

Following my frankly damned good form in predicting the stage winner up to press (EBH yesterday, as well as Cav’s win, Gilbert’s and Farrar’s) I’m sure you’ll all be hanging on my every word, waiting for today’s foretelling. Today, I’m going to predict not just the stage winner but the runner-up too…so here we go:

1. The Manx Missile, hailing from the Isle of Man, our very own British bulldog, Mr Mark Cavendish!!!!
    2.Tyler ‘Farrar away but getting nearer and nearer’ Farrar!

Be great to see HTC get their sh*t together and have the full lead-out train running properly.

[EDIT: would Tyler ‘not as farrar away as you think’ Farrar have been better?]

yossarian
    Free Member

🙂

make sure you reheat your meatballs properly, nothing worse than a bout of loose stools when you are chatting up the girls in the typing pool.

jonba
    Free Member

Swift for the win, Sky are on a roll.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

(Scuttles off to Waitrose)

Oooh, look at the man of the people, off to the poshest supermarket in town….! 😉

Yossarian, they’re really hot, as well! As are the meatballs…..! 😈

headfirst
    Free Member

Jonba, I’m not one to start an argument, but No.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[EDIT: would Tyler ‘not as farrar away as you think’ Farrar have been better?]

Don’t force it.

(See what I did there?)

headfirst
    Free Member

(See what I did there?)

No.

RealMan
    Free Member

Swift for the win, Sky are on a roll.

That’s pretty much the same as predicting a massive crash.

crazy-legs

Everyone is betting on Cav.
    Unfortunately for Cav, everyone else in the peloton knows that he’s the hot favourite so he’ll be marked out of contention unless HTC can do something very special with their lead-out train. The other guys – Farrar, Pettachi, Greipel, even Boassen Hagen, know exactly how to get in amongst it all and disrupt it.

There’s an outside chance Cav will get a bit of help from Sky again though…

molgrips
    Free Member

Three words:

Ca
    Ven
    Dish

I think Tyler ‘so near and yet so’ Farrar is better.

Re Sky, I was actually quite pleased to see them helping out Cav. It’s as if GT took pity on him being knobbled by the race organisers and not being able to fulfil his potential this year.

Having said that – a win here would make him the all time most winningest stage winner, wouldn’t it? Pretty impressive in 98 years of the race and so many greats…

headfirst
    Free Member

I think Tyler ‘so near and yet so’ Farrar is better.

I bow to your greater wisdom.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Apparently punning and humour aren’t allowed on this thread, so I shall have to leave you to try and work it out without any visual clues, headfirst.

headfirst
    Free Member

CFH, please help me, I’m lost..did you mean:

Dont Thorce it.

RealMan
    Free Member

Don’t force it.

(See what I did there?)

Junkyard
    Free Member

a win here would make him the all time most winningest stage winner, wouldn’t it?

no miles behind merckx 34 iirc

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, I tried to post an illustration to help you along. A picture of a well known actress by the name of Farrah Fawcett (See, Farrar and “force it”). Terrible pun, I know.
    Still, I shall keep my comments on the modding of said pic to myself.

RealMan
    Free Member

I think you should go to a quiet corner and think about what you’ve done.

headfirst
    Free Member

CFH, thank you. But now I’m more confused: you posted a picture of the lovely Farah Fawcett and it was removed by the Mods? I’m pretty sure she didn’t do any hard-core photoshoots (will Google when I get home) so it can’t have been that bad. RM’s pic is the little square and red cross for me too, what’s going on? Is it political correctness gone mad????!!!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

An image from the well kown, totally worksafe website Wikipedia was posted and modded.

headfirst
    Free Member

testing testing

Stoner
    Free Member

ban this kind of filth!

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh.. well wtf was I reading then? Maybe it was most wins by a sprinter.. dunno.

RealMan
    Free Member

Back on track (somewhat)..

*drools*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 7 [Possible Spoiler Content]’ is closed to new replies.