Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • TdF Stage 4 [Possible Spoiler Content]
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why cant people give Contador a break

Foreign, in’t he?

As I’ve already said; no-one seems to be getting all het up over that known cheat David Millar….

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The amount of drugs in his system was nothing

It’s not a naturally occurring substance within the body so the amount is immaterial.

and would have made no difference performance wise

It would have if it were taken earlier in the year during a training phase and only reentered the body during the tour by miscalculation as part of a rest day transfusion.

The farting around with hearings is really not his fault

Agree in part aside from the fact that the latest delay in pushing the hearing back into August was requested by Contador’s legal team in order to properly assemble their case.

and he will likely get let off anyway when they get round to it.

If I were a cynical sort of person I would have considered the idea of delaying the case would be to make any ban he might receive so damning to cycling (potential loss of three grand tours results) that the UCI might be encouraged to try and influence a negative decision. How much influence they would be able to exert over CAS I don’t know, but if a defence is weak then it makes sense to try and leverage any gain you can no matter how marginal it might be.

Even if he was doping (which I doubt), its not like he is the only one.

No he isn’t but every person that gains an advantage through cheating displaces someone that doesn’t.
    If you believe “they are all at it” then the cheats displace new riders that don’t wish to damage their health in order to compete on level terms with the pro peloton.

If you think it’s a few bad apples then it displaces possibly the 13th or 15th positioned rider that might otherwise have got a top ten or the rider that gets 4th or 5th that would otherwise have podiumed. Or the rider that came second on a stage when they should otherwise have won it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

contadoer is a drug cheat who so far has got away with failing a drug test. if he is not banned and disqualified from last years TDF and the Giro and whatever he gets in this TDF ( as he should be under the rules) cycling loses. It will have no credibility left.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Sweet Jesus of Nazareth…

headfirst
    Free Member

I’m gutted that tommy voeckler didn’t go on a solo attack from 100k out and get the win 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

😆

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

As I’ve already said; no-one seems to be getting all het up over that known cheat David Millar….

Perhaps that is because he was caught, admitted his offence, served his punishment, has spent his time since coming back into the Peloton as an advocate of clean cycling and as far as I’m aware there is no suspicion of him reoffending.

Comparing someone that has been caught, punished and for want of a better word rehabilitated to someone that appears to be getting away with it is bound to produce a different response regardless of their nationality.

crazy-legs

Cos Millar admitted what he’d done, served his ban and has actually become a very valuable tool in the fight against doping as well as a respected figure in the peloton – look at his lauded bahaviour when he was wearing the pink jersey the day after Wouter Weylandt was killed in the Giro.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Perhaps that is because he was caught, admitted his offence, served his punishment, has spent his time since coming back into the Peloton as an advocate of clean cycling and as far as I’m aware there is no suspicion of him reoffending.

Bertie has so far bin cleared of any wrong-doing. You know, it is just possible he is actually telling the truth, had you considered that?

I hope he wins and is then cleared completely once and for all by the UCI. Because that will really pee off his haterz, and will amuse and please me immensely. 🙂

Bertie FTW, ThunderGod for the Green jersey, Wiggo in fourth just one second behind the podium, having had a mechanical chain slip or something and the others din’t wait for him, and Spoilt Toddler to throw a massive tantrum and lob his bike at a commissaries then getting banned from the Tour for life.

That would right make my day.

And if it din’t happen like that then I woon’t be bothered cos road racing is boring don’t watch it anyway so shut up.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Cos Millar admitted what he’d done, served his ban and has actually become a very valuable tool in the fight against doping as well as a respected figure in the peloton – look at his lauded bahaviour when he was wearing the pink jersey the day after Wouter Weylandt was killed in the Giro.

Still forever a Cheat.

molgrips
    Free Member

Elf, have you read Cav’s twitter feed?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Bertie has so far bin cleared of any wrong-doing. You know, it is just possible he is actually telling the truth, had you considered that?

it is possible, athletes have been cleared of clenbuterol use in the past normally there has been reasonable doubt due to the offence occurring in a country where its usage in farming is widespread rather than in a country where its use has been banned for a number of years but it is still possible. If there were some sort of proof, maybe a receipt from the butcher, or even an address would be a start, some sort of trace of the food supply chain back to the farm. We could start with a plausible story, clenbuterol use in cattle makes the beef quite tough and hardly the sort of steak you would have driven across borders for you to enjoy alone on a rest day of the TdF.

If he is telling the truth and can offer some evidence beyond his say so then I for one will never offer up another bad word against him.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

fred/elf – why do you write like a spaztard?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

To confuse people like you.

warton
    Free Member

Is every thread about the tour going to end up with the same people saying the same things about contador? Just let me know now and I’ll avoid them.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Pretty much.

donsimon
    Free Member

Is every thread about the tour going to end up with the same people saying the same things about contador?

What do you think? It stopped being an interesting exchange of opinions a long time ago. But it can still be a bit funny though. I’ll give you my opinion after the official verdict. I quite like the ability to ignore reality and still spout on and on and on and on.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Won’t matter if Bertie is found guilty anyway, as then he can just come clean, act all contrite and repentant, do some good works for the anti-doping campaign and charidee, say some really pious and sanctimonious stuff, wear a stupid beret and then everyone will love him again.

Won’t they?

Junkyard
    Free Member

are you suggesting repentance is a bad thing?

I quite like the ability to ignore reality and still spout on and on and on and on.

we had noticed 😆

MrOvershoot

Fred what is it that attracts you to Spanish men so much?

You seem to have an almost psychotic love for Alonso & Contador 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Check the top out too (matches the bike’s colour scheme):

That’s a Spain footy top if you din’t know.

(Ignore the cahs. They are just showing off. Attention seekers)

wingnuts

In true STW tradition I’d say those socks were too long and the lawn needs cutting.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Those are Darth Vader socks. That’s why they’re pulled up. So the cahs can see why not to mess.

MrOvershoot

No Fred the top is about 2 shades lighter (my wife says so and she’s a textile designer so there 😛 )

Is that the first time you have seen real live cows? And did you check that they were free range & not injected with any performance enhancing chemicals 😉

wingnuts

They look terrified from here.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

They were really inconsiderate. 🙁

The yellow stripes on the sleeves are a tad lighter, but the yellow on the badge matches fairly well. The red is pretty much spot-on.

Your computer screen is out of whack….

Sue_W
    Free Member

Was worth legging it back from my ride* tonight to watch the highlights – back at the house by 7.02 – bike in the lounge, tv on in the nick of time, trying to watch whilst my head’s upside down doing post-ride yogic stretchy things 🙂 good effort from Hushovd today.

*was also worth legging it as I overtook a fully paid up member of the roadie squad who looked slightly upset as I was (a) wearing mtb shorts, and (b) still had the peak on my helmet

wingnuts

Whats the deffo of a considerate cah then?

warton
    Free Member

why have you got a mudguard on? looks dry as a bone. southern softie.

llama

Watched the highlights last night

Can someone tell me – is leyoupard trek the same team as leopard trek? I’m finding it hard to follow the race

rOcKeTdOg

Elfinsafety – Member

Why cant people give Contador a break

Foreign, in’t he?

i think they are both cheats, i used to really admire Millar, his only redeeming feature now is that at least he admitted cheating, contador hasn’t even got the balls to do that

crazy-legs

Can someone tell me – is leyoupard trek the same team as leopard trek? I’m finding it hard to follow the race

At the start of the year when the team was set up, they couldn’t find a partner sponsor so they just thought of something which sounded vaguely cool while also not being associated with any brand name. And some people pronounce it leopard, some say lee-you-pard.
    Much more amusingly, Leopard Trek is an anagram of “altered pork” which obviously lead to all sorts of predictable jokes about Alberto Contador.

molgrips
    Free Member

Elf – you need to iDave that belly out of existence.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Blimey Fred you look a bit tubby…even in a pic full of fat cows! And short…well…that explains a lot.

Elfinsafety – Member

The whole thing makes me laugh…Contador has not been found guilty, yet he’s been given the hardest time.

Ironic that Millar appears to have been forgiven by the press, unlike the small minded “always guilty”…do those folk really believe that everyeon that’s not been caught is clean? 🙄

j_me
    Free Member

Contador has not been found guilty

I thought he tested positive for a banned substance. In any other sport that would be an instant ban surely.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Indeed j_me – he was let off by the spanish federation in clear breach of the rules. He is guilty of having clenbuterol in his system but has not been punished.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’ve got two TDF questions

1) Why is that commentator in ITV4 soooo bad. Is it me, or does he get everything wrong?

2) Was Cadel Evans separated at birth from that character who tried to pick a fight with Luke Skywalker in the bar of Mos wherever? As, he too seem to have a bum on his chin.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elf – you need to iDave that belly out of existence.

Blimey Fred you look a bit tubby..

😆

That’s my Indurain Belly (AKA Winter Belly). It’ll be gone soon.

why have you got a mudguard on? looks dry as a bone.

True, it weren’t much use on that ride, but there’s always the danger of cah pats you know.

Cahs are inconsiderate, they just poo everywhere. No thought given to anyone else. Totally selfish. Bang out of order.

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 4 [Possible Spoiler Content]’ is closed to new replies.