Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • TDF Stage 19
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

Does anyone know if you are allowed to watch the cyclists on descents from the climbs or are they closed to the public by the gendarmes?

mrmo
    Free Member

you see people by the road side, so i assume that they are open, not that your going to see that much.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You are, but they’ll pass by very, very quickly!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Are we sure guys? I’m with a bunch of riders & we are trying to work put a plan for tmrw. Thoughts are ride UP Galibier & then catch the race coming down to Latauret.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Always better to watch on a climb, imo.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I agree but logistics may determine otherwise tmrw.

crazy-legs

They close the roads about 6hrs before the riders get there, plan your day accordingly cos you’ll need an early start!

speckledbob
    Free Member

A tight bend is where you want to be.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I need firm facts guys please. I’m aware of the inconsistency of the closing times & need some hard info. Has anyone done it before?

donsimon
    Free Member

As far as I’m aware from a Spanish POV, the roads will be open to spectators but common sense has to come into play. Being anywhere that might surprise or force the riders to change course is plain stupid, anything out of the ordinary will be a bit stupid.
    Behind a barrier shouldn’t be a problem, but think about it from a fellow rider’s point of view.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

don that is what is causing part of the problem..We aren’t sure from a safety POV it will be open, it certainly makes sense to shut it..

andylaightscat
    Free Member

surely the only place to watch tomorrows stage is on the Alpe??

izakimak
    Free Member

stand where you want, i watched them go down the col du port of few years ago. There will be police about all along the route tomorrow and if they tell you to stop walking or riding do so otherwise you can go where you want.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘TDF Stage 19’ is closed to new replies.