Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Tax Office – aaaarrrgggghhhh!!!!!
  • theotherjonv

I spoke to them 2 months ago because there had been an error on the tax relief on my pension payments, and I wanted to check whether I owed them or they owed me some money. They suggested I send my P11D’s and evidence of pension contributions for the years in question to them which i did – 2 months ago.

I then got another letter a month later saying they couldn’t do anything until i sent the end of year statements (p60’s) that they hadn’t previously asked for. So i did – a month ago.

They’ve now written to me returning the P60’s but saying they couldn’t do anything until I sent them my P11D’s and evidence of my pension contributions. Which i can’t do because they’ve still got them from when i sent them 2 months ago!!

My hopes of resolving this this tax year so i can start next one with a clean slate are receding fast. And I suspect about an hour on the phone tomorrow explaining to various people about why they already have all the info they asked for will be my reward.

NNNNGGGGHHH!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Already been through this with HMRC – wanted to know about my work history for 09/10 & 10/11. Sent them the required p60’s, get a letter a month later asking if i new about my NI shortfall and do i want to make it up. Rang them, told them i’d already sent in my P60’s but they knew nothing about them. They asked me to photocopy my final payslips and send them in – i did just that.

Two weeks later the p60’s fell through the letterbox attached to a letter telling me they had solved the problem and my accounts were now up to date. 🙄
    To cap it all the grabbing bar-stewards want £400 for a tax underpayment! 👿

sam_underhill

Employing an army of idiots in hmrc “saves” having them on benifits.

craigxxl
    Free Member

HMRC have whole floors in their buildings filled with unopened mail, I’d guarantee that’s were half your documents are. Why did you send the original documents in?

allthegear
    Free Member

They just sent me a nice cheque. Does that help?

Rachel

warton
    Free Member

HMRC have whole floors in their buildings filled with unopened mail

Really? do you work on an HMRC site? because I do, as an IT contractor, and I have yet to see whole floors of the seven buildings on site filled with unopened mail.

Jeez, only send original docs if they are specifically requested. Do you not have access to a colour copier?

Not much help now, I know.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

My P60’s were returned, not seen hide nor hair of the photocopied payslips though! 😆

theotherjonv

They told me to send original docs first time. I was at least smart enough to scan and save them as well. I’m going to struggle to send a fresh set of the originals though.

I sense a frustrating phone call tomorrow….

craigxxl
    Free Member

warton – Member
    HMRC have whole floors in their buildings filled with unopened mail
    Really? do you work on an HMRC site? because I do, as an IT contractor, and I have yet to see whole floors of the seven buildings on site filled with unopened mail.

Shipley does and some of the overflow was sent to Glasgow. I know a few people both personally and professionally who work for HMRC and have told me the same.

matt_outandabout

meh, last interaction with HMRC lasted 3+ years to get a big lump of money back out of them. Good luck – you will need it…

theotherjonv

whereas if you owe them something they want it in 3 days

soobalias
    Free Member

phone em on boxing day

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have been ‘got’ by their failures twice.

You are f**ked but so was I.

You have my sympathy

CaptJon
    Free Member

I got a confirmation letter for the tax i paid 12 weeks ago today. I didn’t fully appreciate how ineffective they were until now.

theotherjonv

Holy thread resurrection.

I got a letter from them finally. After another month of waiting and several calls.

Unfortunately, they have only actually reviewed two out of the three years that i sent them. No word on the third which is the one that is most likely to be off. And they still have my P60’s and P11D’s. What’s the betting when i phone to ask about the missing year, they ask me to send the docs again…….

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just for future ref, send copies 😉

theotherjonv

they insisted on originals (I was at least smart enough to save scans)

bruneep

Tax relief on a pension…. Pfffft.

Pay a man to do this for you. Much easier, rebate on its way to me 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Tax Office – aaaarrrgggghhhh!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.