Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Tartiflette
  • lunge

I am cooking it tonight and I ADORE the stuff. I felt I should share this with everyone!

tom496
    Free Member

It’s a proper heart stopper of a dish, but great at the same time.

grum
    Free Member

Recipe? Only ever eaten it on holiday, it seems wrong to cook it somehow 🙂

z1ppy

WTF is it? <scurries off ta google>

ohhhh tato’s in cheese…

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I recently discovered that replacing the onion with leek can have fantastic results. OMNOMNOM…

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1185/mary-cadogans-tartiflette

decent recipe there – it’s all about getting the right potatoes and of course Reblochon.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cooked it a few months ago, was delicious, then massively failed a choleserol test a few days later.

I think the two incidents are probably connected.

lunge

Receipe?
    Slice some potatoes and part boil, drain and once cooked add to a baking dish
    Season with lots of salt and pepper and a little butter
    At the same time fry some pancetta or the like and some onion then add to the potatoes in the baking dish
    Season again and perhaps add a glug of dry white wine
    Finally add a large slab or 2 of reblochon cheese, covering all of the potatoes.
    Throw in the oven for about 30 mins until the cheese is crisp and bubbling

Serve with a green salad dressed with a mustard dressing and ideally some charcuterie.

Absolute filth.

thomthumb
    Free Member

It’s a proper heart stopper of a dish

could have contributed to my mates tachycardia – last time we were in the alps together! 😯

crazy-legs

That’s what I had for tea last night. And very nice it was too.

poppa
    Free Member

🙂

oddjob
    Free Member

s’all about the cheese 🙂

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Got to use reblochon and serve with green salad and French bread!

thebunk

What kind of debauched ne’er-do-well gets to eat Tartiflette for tea on a Thursday night? Outrageous!

crazy-legs

What kind of debauched ne’er-do-well gets to eat Tartiflette for tea on a Thursday night? Outrageous!

I wasn’t aware I had to specify the night I could eat it?! 😉 Anyway it was cooked for me. WIN. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

gravity-slave – Member
    Got to use reblochon and serve with green salad and French bread!

And then eat it in the sunshine by the piste. With a carafe of vin.

thebunk – Member
    What kind of debauched ne’er-do-well gets to eat Tartiflette for tea

No one properly debauched would refer to their evening meal as “tea”! Tea is taken in mid afternoon and involves tea. And cake.

poppa
    Free Member

Tea involves a cake?! Doesn’t that clog up the spout?

grum
    Free Member

Absolute filth.

Interesting, ta. I assumed it would have cream in it too – sounds way too healthy with your recipe 🙂

gravity-slave
    Free Member

And then eat it in the sunshine by the piste. With a carafe of vin.

Did that (sans vin) on a guided ski day once. Lovely. The rest of the group had a light lunch.

Just as we finished, the guide shouts “Now we race down the black bumps!” Evidently an after lunch tradition for his clients (all had previous!)

It still tasted great as it repeated on me!

thebunk

I get to eat it one night a year IF I’m in France. And it has to be snowing.

If I disguise it as a pizza, would that be OK?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Tea is taken in mid afternoon and involves tea. And cake.

I suppose you also have dinner in the evening instead of about half twelve don’t you!

binners

I think I may have to do Tartiflette over the weekend. Its a while since my arteries have had me declare war on them 😀

No one properly debauched would refer to their evening meal as “tea”! Tea is taken in mid afternoon and involves tea. And cake.

Is it ‘supper’ where you’re from then Flashy? That’s even wronger. Supper involves Horlicks and is taken ones smoking jacket, while scratching ones plums, watching Newsnight 😀

younggeoff

love it, use Reblochon when I can get it if not I make do with Camembert, I boil the spuds in milk and fry onions, pancetta or bacon with some finely chopped chilli’s and garlic to give it a bit of a kick 🙂

lunge

Tartiflette pizza is rather good as well, but for me at least, not as good as the real thing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Breakfast, Lunch then Dinner. With occasional stops en route for elevenses or tea.

That is all.

z1ppy

gravity-slave – Member

Tea is taken in mid afternoon and involves tea. And cake.

I suppose you also have dinner in the evening instead of about half twelve don’t you!

Yes, cause that what time dinner is! Lunch is @ 12.30(ish) in the afternoon..
    Bugger friday and I agree with CF.

EDIT: Hmm, way too slow

atlaz
    Free Member

I had a dose of food poisoning that coincided with a tartiflette lunch. Having tasted it on the way in and way out, it’s slightly ruined for me.

On the other hand it’s a TOP way to get recharged at the top of a mountain (had a massive pile of greasy, salty goodness with spuds in a refuge in the pyrenees).

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Tartiflette’ is closed to new replies.