Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tapered Headset Advice!!
  • gibbon1985
    Free Member

Just wondering if people new much about these?
    I just got myself a pair of forks with a tapered tube, I have a a normal 1/8th headset and headtube on my bike. So i need a new headset but can i get one that makes a tapered tube work on normal bike headtube?

Any advice would help, thanks!

wwaswas

i need a new headset but can i get one that makes a tapered tube work on normal bike headtube?

you need a new frame or forks with straight steerer 🙁

shortcut

New frame or new fork time!!

legend
    Free Member

As above, you’ve bought the wrong fork.

However, depending on the fork I might know someone that’ll take it off your hands 😉

gibbon1985
    Free Member

Well sh~t a brick. I figured you could get a special headset or something. Anyone wanna buy some Rockshox Sektor R?

RustyMac

gibbon

You can if your head tube is a 44mm/zerostack/inegral type where the headset sits internally to the head tube. If it is standard 1 1/8 (cups sit externally to the frame) where there is only aproximately 34mm inner diamiter of your head tube (not including any headset) there is no space for the 1.5 inch or 38.1mm lower section of the tapered forks to fit.

This document from Hope is pretty good at letting you know what will fit and what headset you would need to get it to work.

http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/HOPEHEADSETS2011Web.pdf

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tapered Headset Advice!!’ is closed to new replies.