Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • tag heuer service?
  • c9tln
    Free Member

anyone know a good place to get a tag serviced?

CountZero

Without seeming to be too obvious, somewhere nearby that sells TAG watches? It's going to go back to TAG regardless, because the case seals have to be properly pressure tested. When my Series 1000 needed a new battery the TAG dealer in Bath I took it to sent it back to TAG; they refused to do it themselves, despite the watch being nearly twenty years old.

drifting_james
    Free Member

I took my TAG to Debenhams, who did it in an hour. They employ a top chap who all the local Jewellers know (and recommend). He has access to all the seals and does the required pressure test.

I don't know what it does to your guarantee, but it is much lighter on your wallet.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I've used this chap before. He was cheaper and faster than going back to TAG

nuke

My Tag's battery died so I took it back to the shop I bought it and, after taking £60 for a battery change, sent it off to Tag. I then got a call to say it required a service due to its age (3 years old!) and that was a further £95. Eventually got it back after 3 months and the sides were damaged (They never accepted responsibility despite even on their own record of the condition of the watch when it first arrived to them saying there was no damage). Eventually got it back about 6 weeks later. In summary, I wouldn't send my watch back to Tag again.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Mine needed a new battery recently. Took it back to the jewellers I got it from (Beaverbrooks) who gave me 2 choices…. send it back to TH with a 4 week turnaround, or a 10% discount voucher for debenhams who can fix within the hour. 1 hour later £54 down, watch was fine and I believe tested to levels that satisfy TH.

fwb2006
    Free Member

I've got a tag automatic which now at 8 years old needs a service as it's losing time. Do all Debenhams do this service or is it only certain ones? Seems a coincidence that both Yeti and Drifting had them done there…

stuey
    Free Member

fwb2006 – I doubt Debenhams could service and automatic -changing a quartz's battery in much much easier than servicing a chronograph/mechanical.

Hadge
    Free Member

Chealwatches – don't use anyone else! They are very very good and won't charge you a fortune. I always have mine done there and a friend of mine who sells them also uses them.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Hmm, I think I may get in touch with chealwatches. I have an old F1 from the '90s, which I haven't worn since my wrist size grew dramatically after a break 5 years ago. Thought I would have it serviced and give it to my son when he's old enough to be responsible for it.

So, I put it into Leslie Davis for an estimate. They sent it off two weeks ago and called me today. I asked for a new bezel spring & battery change. Bearing in mind that this watch cost around £290 new back in 1997, I was a little surprised when they quoted me £254!!!

They had also said that it needed new glass (pretty sure it didn't as the glass had only been changed a year or two before I stopped wearing it) and a new bezel.

Daylight robbery. The woman "justified" it by saying that a new F1 would be around £800 (it wouldn't, I think they are £545 and now contain a chronograph).

Hadge
    Free Member

Chealwatches!!!!!! Don't go anywhere else!!!! Visist their website and have a buthcers. They are very very good and I use them all the time after a recommendation from someone I know who deals in TAG watches.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I change the battery on my Tags myself. Tool for the job is 5 quid on ebay and a battery is around another fiver.

Pressure test — What for?

As long as you don't damage the O ring seal when you replace the back it will be fine, I've dived to 110 feet wearing mine after a home change and it still works.

I had my super professional auto serviced locally after Tag wanted 300 quid FFS.

I will never by another Tag because of their "service" regime it's a rip off pure and simple. Don't get me started on re-applying the lume and what that costs..

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Took mine to a local watch/Clockmaker who does repairs, £10 to replace battery, as I am not a scuba or deep sea diver not had any problems in the wet/shower or bath. Tag service is a rip off IMO.

Edric64
    Free Member

How much do you lot earn to buy TAGS it's Casio for me the rest of my money goes on the mortgage!! not my left arm!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I'd rather buy an Ollech and Wajs rather than pay the cost of the extortionate Tag service. I've emailed Chealwatches and will see what they come back with.

DrJ

Slightly off-topic … I inherited a Rolex from my father-in-law. Took it to a local Rolex dealer to ask about getting it serviced. First words out of her mouth "it isn't a real Rolex, you know". Horribly rude? Yes, but this was in Holland. Finally she looked it up and agreed that it is, in fact, a real Rolex. And it would be 500 Euros to service. Think I will keep wearing it till it stops, and THEN get it serviced.

joolsburger
    Free Member

http://russelltalerman.co.uk/default.aspx

these guys are good and cheap too.

skiboy
    Free Member

i've brought a sea dweller 3 yrs ago for my 40th birthday, well supposed to be my 40th, i had always promised myself one when i could afford one, certain conditions had to be met, no credit card purchase, no loan , all debts had to be cleared, bills all paid etc etc,

managed to do all that by 38.5yrs old, worked really hard for the last decade to be where we are now,

just realised that i could have brought a rolex from the guys on the banner on this site, what a bummer 😉

flip
    Free Member

Jeez i could have got my TAG Monaco for £65 off them doods>>>>>> cost me £1800 😥

CountZero

Bell&Ross for £55 from up there ^^^. My favourite watches, I feel a splurge coming on…:0)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘tag heuer service?’ is closed to new replies.