Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Switching from BT to Sky
  • HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I’m considering making the switch and, as far as I can see, it will cost me approx. £9 a month extra for an all channel package (not incl. sports) with unlim. bb and phonecalls.

The thing that’s not made clear is line rental. Do I keep my BT line and pay Sky for the BB/TV/Call package? That’s what I’ve presumed and costed in. However, Sky also mention Sky Line Rental which is required if I join from 1st Sept.

Set-up costs may apply. Sky/BT line rental payable. Sky Line Rental required (£12.25 a month) if you join from 1/9/11.

Would that replace the BT line rental? Or be extra? The ‘/’ is ambiguous. If extra it’s another £12.25 a month would swing it into the ‘freesat may be crap but i’m not paying 20quid a month for extra telly’ whereas a tenner a month is probably okay.

Yeah, I know I could phone them and ask them but… i’m only talking to0them when it becomes absolutely necessary.

dogbert
    Free Member

you don’t have to switch your line to Sky, you can keep paying BT for it but get a package from Sky…….but personally, i wouldn’t, I worked for them for a year and the right royals they made were pitiful and really didn’t give 2 hoots bout the customers who lost their numbers having had them for 20 years

organic355
    Free Member

just dont get sky broadband, its pants

grantway
    Free Member

Funny thinking of ditching SKY for Virgin

spooky_b329

If sky have their own equipment in the local bt exchange you will pay sky line rental, if they dont have thier own equipment you will pay bt line rental for the bt equipment.

Rickos
    Free Member

Did the same switch earlier this year. You only pay one line rental. All is good for me so far, but free evening calls runs from 7pm. Got caught out on that for the first month.

TheFlyingOx

Bin both of them for Virgin and get their TiVo service. Streets ahead of anything Sky have to offer, unless you’re a 3DTV junkie.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Switching from BT to Sky’ is closed to new replies.