Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Switch-Backs.com (Sierra Nevada hols) experiences?
  • As per title really……. dreaming of hot and dusty trails.

Leku
    Free Member

[/url]
    d70159 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr[/img]

Have been twice with them. Great riding. Last year did Riveria in Italy (also excellent). Second visit to Spain the trails had taken a real kicking from the weather, so check what they are like at the mo. Accommodation in the hart of the village is basic but great restaurants and bars are walking distance.

GlennG
    Free Member

Been out with switchbacks dh 3 times and switch backs am 7 times and cannot recommend them enough, superb riding at both locations and mike is a great host, the riding around bubion is superb.

tonyd

Went with Switchbacks to their Bubion (AM/XC) location about 18 months ago. Absolutely superb and cannot recommend enough – Mike is a great guy the riding was fantastic, accommodation was good, and based in a lovely mountain village.

If you’re worried about the condition of the trails or just want some general advice, drop Mike an email as he’ll be happy to help. We bombarded him with lots of ‘what tyre…’ type emails before we went 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s ace! Bubions a long way up, so the first day felt like I was coughing up blood just walking up the hill from the appartment, but the riding is fantastic, I did a week in Bubion last year and went back fore a weeks DH before christmas (broke my arm on day 3 🙁 but the riding was still fantastic).

There’s a rest day mid week but we rode anyway just without guides or uplift so the route was shorter and we were feeling it on the last day so next time I’d either take the rest day or get fitter for next time!

Plenty of good local restaurats where you could eat for <15euro but we spent ~25euro and had huge portions (whole marrinaded legs of goat has to be checked out!) of really good food and lots of wine. Beer’s 2euro and comes with comlimentary tapas 😀

Fridge comes stocked with local beer and more meat, cheese, egg and bread than you could eat in a weeks breakfast and lunches.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Been once, crackalackin !

OK cheers for that. After reading about that other outfit i was a tad apprehensive 🙁

Leku
    Free Member

dusty trails:

[/url]
    d70042 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr[/img]

where you stay;

[/url]
    d70122 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr[/img]

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Hi Dave, another option if you’re researching a holiday in this area might be Freeride Spain based in Lanjaron. Did a few days with them a few years back and would thoroughly recommend them based on that.

Hi Steve, it was the boys at Wight Mountain who recommended them.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ciclo Montana are based in the same area, and judging by the above pics ride the same trails – i was there with them in October and i recognise the photo spots!

Ciclo are cheaper than Switchbacks, plus they include an evening meal in the price. Mark and Jackie are brilliant hosts and Mark is a stunning rider. I’ll definitely be going back to the Sierra Nevada region with them.

timraven

We went with Switchbacks to Bubion last April and the trails are fantastic. The guides that we had were great and the whole place is beautiful and friendly.
    However, the accommodation and the provisions were disappointing and Michael had broken his wrist so they were a guide down for our two largish groups, we felt that he should have drafted in another guide because the ratio of guide to rider was too low, which could have been serious if we’d had a problem.
    We also had poor weather then, so go later in the season, getting wood for the fire seemed to prove difficult.

A great holiday, but a bit expensive for what we got IMHO.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Switch-Backs.com (Sierra Nevada hols) experiences?’ is closed to new replies.