Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Swinley Today
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Is it worth going there or still a bog?

Thanks.

boobs

I thought it was ok on Saturday, (considering) was nice yesterday. I'd say go for it and prepare me for doom on Wednesday night.

nickc

Boobs we're going out on Wednesday if you don't wanna be billy no mates over swinley way

auricgoldfinger

Still a bog in a lot of places. I stuck to the gravel packed trails and fire roads mostly the other day. As ususal, with all this rain, place is going to take a good while to get back to normal.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I've never been through a puddle that was as deep as the crown on my forks before.

Bit sticky over at Swinley chaps. Also one of the runs down from the top of Surrey hill seems to have a pond where the landing for a jump used to be!!

Hilarious but Surrey hills tomorrow I think.

cinnamon_girl

I just get upset when I see the trails in such a mess. Am avoiding like the plague!

Just don't get me started on Harry Potter 👿

bigsi
    Free Member

Which ones Harry Potter CG ❓

cinnamon_girl

bigsi – 😈 😉

boobs

Do we get a rebate on our permit? 😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

One of the Harry Potter lorry drivers came tanking along the main drag, way too fast, I gave him the slow down signal so he shouted that my dog should be on a lead FFS it's a bloody forest…

A couple of other people on bikes with three dogs went and had a word but I couldn't be bothered and would have got cross anyway.

I'm going to avoid until Summer it really was unrideable in places and would just get carved up and take longer to sort itself out.

That tabletop landing would have been hilarious if I hadn't spotted the pond first!!

nickc

bigsi, it's not a trail, some bits of the mountain bike area are fenced off because they use Swinley Forest for filming the Harry Potter films. TBH though given the state of some of the trails keeping folk off them isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Today’ is closed to new replies.