Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sweden in February
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Looks like I may have to go there for a three day work visit in a few weeks time. I suspect it will be cold so what gear should I need to take?

Be aware that I only have “UK winter” gear, which is probably far from adequate for the Sweden winter, so any gear I take will probably need to be bought or borrowed.

Murray

If it’s Stockholm or Gothenburg normal “UK Winter” gear is fine. I’m assuming you’ll mainly be inside rather than in a forest for 3 days.

mikey74
    Free Member

Apparently where I’m going is approx. 2.5 hrs North of Stockholm, although I suspect I will be indoors more than outside, as you say.

Pigface
    Free Member

Could be very cold, hat and gloves essential as is some decent footwear. Just grab some thermals unless you are going to be doing anything outside. Have fun and learn a few words of Svenska.

Caher

I work with some swedes and they say it is not so cold in the winter due to the gulf stream…

mikey74
    Free Member

with -17F in the forecast I beg to differ 😆

Sidney
    Free Member

mikey74 – though it may say brass monkeys on the thermometer from what I remember of my Finnish adventures it doesn’t feel quite so bad perhaps because it is a drier cold. Sometimes in England doesn’t matter how many layers I wear I can still feel cold!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sweden in February’ is closed to new replies.