Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Surf again
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

It’s pumping! head high, strong offshores. Best session in ermmm – a fortnight!

If you are thinking of getting in DO IT because it’ll be all but gone by the weekend.

LoCo
    Free Member

Don’t rub it in! Not great in the channel apparantly and am at work too.
    Still down in St Ives later this month decorating the new house, short board in for repairs too so that should be good for the trip.

scruff
    Free Member

If you could provide North Devon with 4ft glassy /offshore next weekend it would be great, thanks.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Still poorly. 👿

Scruff, I wouldn’t hold your breath.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

loco- are you moving to St Ives?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Hope you enjoy it – I’m really jealous.

I had some cracking sessions when we were down in Cornwall/Devon the week before last. Spent 4 days camped on the cliffs at Polzeath before heading up to Croyde for a further 3 days. Pretty good surf most days and managed to get in most mornings for a dawnie to beat the crowds.

Only downer was that I managed to get a 2 inch rip on my palm of my hand hand from my fin at Polzeath after getting sucked over the falls on a particularly big set. Had to paddle in with blood gushing out of it before binding it with my leash. My wife reckons I was white as a sheet by the time I got back to the van.

At the time I thought I might need stitches but didn’t want to go to casualty in case they told me to stop surfing for the week. Spent the rest of the week wearing one glove in a Michael Jackson stylee! Seems to be healing pretty well now though.

My first decent run of surf since May – made me realise how much I miss it. Plans coming together for a move to Devon next year though!!!

andyl46
    Free Member

The north coast of Norn Irn on tuesday, simply epic, double overhead and waaaay to big for me.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Awesome. Was anyone out?

andyl46
    Free Member

not in that particular spot, but the rest of the north coast had quite a few in.

carlphillips
    Free Member

south coast is where its at this weekend kids….

see you in there as ive got shore leave for sat and sunday 😆

iDave
    Free Member

damn you all

LoCo
    Free Member

No not moving to St Ives, family holiday house that’s going to be rented needs a bit of work doing so have been drafted to work for a weeks board and lodging 😉

iDave
    Free Member

andy is that castlerock?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Sprocket – ouch! I grew up in Polzeath and have also had my fair share of injuries. One involved a fin, my top lip (up to my nose), a huge gash and a gruesome enough scene that when Mrs Matt saw it, she fainted!

Yesterday really was brilliant – one of the best lefts I’ve had since Raglan, NZ, loads of cracking rights, barrels, etc. Wind was howling so every drop was blind from the spray but that added to the fun.

Fatmutha – in a strong SEerly? Hmmm… Both coasts close so will head to whichever is happening.

2orangey4crows

Heading to Gwithian after work for a week of surfing. Crossing my fingers (and everything else) that the swell holds up!!!

Crell
    Free Member

😥 I hate being land-locked.

SW Forecast looks really good for tomorrow, plus some sunshine; but too big for me. I’m coming down the week after if I can sort my shoulder and back out. Sods law says no swell.

jam-bo

that wind will kill it pretty quick. it’ll be one of those days that looks good and thats about it….

Crell
    Free Member

I feel better 🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Jam – it was very windy yesterday. But enormous fun. Blind drops, some into barrels – doens’t get much better than that. Needed to take them late but hey ho, it meant no longboarders could get any…!

Just sheltered a bit behind the cliffs. Not going to be able to make today but at the beach all weekend.

andyl46
    Free Member

iDave, it is indeed, my local spot. The portstewart side was bigger and Portballintrae was getting something like this:

you are looking down from a big cliff, so I’d say that was 15ft+

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Matt – if you go into the MaccyDees in Truro near the college and see a new worker there with a northern accent say hello – my brother has finally moved and his wife is working there. Might look you up when I am down in a couple of weeks should I have time 🙂

BTW – what will the surf be like in the w/c 22 Oct? Might book myself another session cos now my brother is down there I am getting a board + wetsuit to store at his 8)

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

STOP RUBBING IT IN!!!!!

jam-bo

what will the surf be like in the w/c 22 Oct?

0-6ft, glassy offshore junk.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

mf – I have to admit that I’ve never been into that Maccy D’s (or the Burget King) but you never know…

22nd a bit far away to forecast but there’s likely to be some swell.

Do shout when you are down – I should be around.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have to admit that I’ve never been into that Maccy D’s

I can’t blame you really.

5lab

i’m heading down west tonight, staying in perrenporth for the weekend. Swell is a long way from ‘gone’ (8′ @ 15 secs) 🙂

http://magicseaweed.com/Perranporth-Droskyn-Surf-Report/166/

carlphillips
    Free Member

strong easterly nae probs where im going should be x offshore and fairly sheltered from the worst of it(and crowds)…should be ace.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

strong easterly nae probs where im going should be x offshore and fairly sheltered from the worst of it(and crowds)…should be ace.

Will that be somewhere between Exmouth and Looe? 😉

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Woo hoo – my local was in fire (except rather chilly) just now!!

Fully shreddable head high waves. Bagged some decent moves and got a couple of head ducks.

Getting nippy though – Winter suit time soon.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Getting nippy though – Winter suit time soon.

MTFU 😉

Come up and try the North Sea in February. That really is nippy!

Glad you had a good session.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Surf again’ is closed to new replies.