Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Support a lifeboat
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

With the summer fast approaching, many of you may go to the beach with the family or friends.
    Sadly people do require help and it often comes from voluntary lifeboat crew. Not all stations are run by the RNLI and these are called independent lifeboats.

I am part of crew at Sandown lifeboat on the Isle of Wight and as the weather is improving already we need your support! We’ve had two call outs already this year! Its not even the busy season. Each launch from our lifeboat rib to rescue some one cost approximately £60, a small price to save al ife but it soon ads up to a place with only local support!

If your interested we have a few ebay listings up to raise some funds:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/scoobyspike/m.html?hash=item4163c541db&item=280846746075&pt=UK_Strap_Charms&_trksid=p4340.l2562

We also have a giving page through paypal:
    https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=dhD2vaYm58C2JkjfQbfLNWLWddI_newtcFCl74X1UX57UiiG5CT8GyGo4WC&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d4026841ac68a446f69dad17fb2afeca3

A special t shirt to support lifeboat crew!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400172677687?var=670003372136&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

We have a text donation system in place with Just Giving, all you have to do is the following:

Text to – 70070
    Place this only into the message box – SSIL21 £10
    Send

You will be able to donate from £1 to £10, just change the amount in the message box to reflect you donation, this can be £2, £3, etc up to £10.

You donation will go 100% to saving lives at sea and not have admin charges applies like some other charities do.

Please donate and help our course.

Thank you.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Worthy bump. I still support the life boats where I sail. A fine cause.

BruceM
    Free Member

Can i Donate via JustGiving online? I looked but couldnt see it.
    Also your paypal link doesnt work for me.

Thanks for doing what you do though, May i ask why you are independent and not part of the RNLI?

Drac

Your ebay link shows private sales as well as those linked to the cause. Those that are, some only give 10% to the ‘charity’ given a majority of is Anne Summers clothing I’m rather sceptical. So sorry I’m out.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

The ebay seller who donates 10% to the lifeboat station is crew and the 10% is the profit that is made!

The rnli dont see it necessary to cover where we are as it is a low risk area in their eyes!

The rnli station closest to us has received 2 shouts since november, our station 5 since january!

We cover 72nm of sea and coast line from culver cliff through to st Catherine’s lighthouse to a distance of 8nm out!

BruceM
    Free Member

Hi John,
    can you check that paypal link? Its not working for me.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I spoke with the coxswain today and it is still to be sorted, the website developer is having some home issues.

Sorry!

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

more stuff on ebay!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Support a lifeboat’ is closed to new replies.