Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Superstar rotors
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Are they going to kill me? So much cheaper compared to other things.

khani
    Free Member

i think they come out of the same factory as tectro ones, i uprated a 160 tectro auriga front disc to a 180 ss one and it was identicle when it turned up, and it never killed me,
    he is a cock though

FuzzyWuzzy

worked fine for me so far…

uplink
    Free Member

I've been using them for a good while now – no probs

lcj

Got two, like them both.

RealMan
    Free Member

he is a cock though

who is

khani
    Free Member

the owner, do a search for superstar and you'll see

Blackhound

Suspect he is talking about Neil/Fruit – if you don't know about it please don't drag it all up again….

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Used mine in the alps last week and it did well.

The pads didn't last long out there though…

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Used Superstar stuff regularly and never had an issue.

I know there was the bad batch saga which might have been handled differently but I wasn't involved so won't pass comment.

All my dealings with Neil and Superstar have been positive.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

they don't come with bolts though (just in case that's an issue for you). Not light but work well enough.

higgo
    Free Member

Slightly thicker I think than a 'normal' rotor – worked OK with my Hope Mono M4s but always rubbed with my Avid Juicys (that tend to sit a bit closer to the rotor)

mhailo
    Free Member

Yep, perfectly good.

peteimpreza

He may have acted like a cock in the past but he was more than generous in the amount, quality and value of the prizes he donated to the Big Bike Bash last year.

Never had a problem with any of the stuff I have bought.

Will be checking out the rotors based on the above.

drew

Just returned from 2 weeks in the alps having fitted a pair of their 203mm rotors prior to leaving and have no complaints at all.

WorsthorneWarrior
    Free Member

Just fitted a pair of the flame ones – not rode them yet but they look great & seem to be of a decent quality!

Northwind

At least some of them are the same (not similiar, the same, ie from same factory and same machine) as the Tektro ones I've used in the past, which are fine. TBH it's probably harder to make a bad rotor than a good one.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Cheap and work perfectly in my experience.

TBH it's probably harder to make a bad rotor than a good one.

Agree – if you can't make it flat and put the holes in the right place you might as well go home really… 🙂

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Can't really see what you can do wrong with a rotor!

I'm currently using Superstar brake pads in at least one of my bikes, I can't remember which one and don't fail to stop on any one of them!

I used to have some SuperStar rigid carbon forks on a 29er, never any problems, only got rid of them because the frame and forks I'd gathered my components for finally arrived 6 months late!! These were IDENTICAL to Nuke Proof ones, the 'detailing' gave it away, but the differnece in price was ridiculous!

Got SuperStar ceramic BB bearings running in my SingleSpeed (about 6 months now) no problems …….. !!

Try things for yourself rather than presuming you'll die if you use anything from SS!!

No secret is made of SS sourcing components from factories also producing the same goods for other retailers.

I bet if you were in Taiwan and wandered past a few factories, you could probably replace countless bike parts, trainers etc at 10% of the price you'd pay in the UK …………

harry333
    Free Member

So nobody’s had issues with superstar flame rotors?
    Anyone using with hope mini’s?

seanodav
    Free Member

Yes they can cause serious fork judder…see other thread on it

edit: seems to be on the 203

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Superstar rotors’ is closed to new replies.