Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Superstar Rotors
  • woodey
    Free Member

It seems (from comments on here and elsewhere) that the quality of their pads has improved somewhat.

I fancy upping to 203mm both ends and 13.99 per rotor looks like a steal..

Anyone had any experience with these?

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Just bought some 180 and 160 wavey ones, very impressed so far although not given them a good hammering just yet.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I cannot see what anyone could do wrong with rotors. so long as they are not made of crappite.

cp

well, there could be burrs left on, the rotor shape could lead to excessive heat build up, the thickness could be so thin they warp easily, they might be out of round, they could be bent, and like you say, they might use a material that doesn’t like ‘standard’ brake pads etc…etc…etc…

so, er, quite a bit they could get wrong!

chakaping
    Free Member

I bought some 203mm discs from Discobrakes recently and they are the same as this…

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=31197

Paid about £13 each I think and they seem very nice. Work well with Avid Juicy brakes, FWIW.

woodey
    Free Member

They’re for a set of Juicy fives so those discobrakes look good, are they still branded Atomlab as the crc ones?
    cheers

chakaping
    Free Member

No, exactly the same but with no “Atomlab”.

steveh

I’ve had a load of rotors from mtb direct without any problems, prices are the same as superstar I think and the customer service is great, they even answer the phone!

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I realise that the pattern makes a difference but does it make *that* much of a difference?
    got hope m4’s and looking to go from 183/160 to 203/183 and wondering if i can choose a rotor just on its looks?

hope floating rotor = £40!!! way too much for me at the moment.

alpin
    Free Member

yeah, choose what looks nice.

want new rotors for the Alpine as they don’t match.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Rotors’ is closed to new replies.