Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Supersix Evo – Road bike content
  • RV
    Free Member

Quite excited, it’s arrived, can’t quite decide how to build it up. I have a super six ultegra with mavic SL’s on it but the red hubs might be too much. Can’t get past the idea of ultegra Di2 for such a bike and even found me looking on the Enve website. Going to have to start doing something to it this weekend in the hope the snow and salt will be gone next week.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

That frame deserves Super Record EPS with Corima Aero MCC+ and Cannondale Si SL cranks. mmmmmm

bikerbruce
    Free Member

if you dont put di2 it on mentally insane…(probably)Id go di2 white and black lightweight ventoux’s enve bars seat post and stem and san marco concor in white and black with lizard skins bar tape..that would be 13lbs with pedals roughly

cynic-al
    Free Member

frame weight pls?

RV
    Free Member

Need to pop it into the workshop in the morning to get a true weight. It’s not the lightest one they do due to the paint but it should be around 720 grams. The unpainted ultimate fame is 695 grams.
    I’ve sold two Ultimate bikes already at the end of last year and they were silly light, so decided I got to have one.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

they are very very nice, I always like their top end race and MTBs

sefton
    Free Member

lets see them skinny seat stays 😉

smell_it
    Free Member

Needs an 80 watt spacer.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Needs an 80 watt spacer.

😀 😀 😀

RV
    Free Member

Needs an 80 watt spacer.

I’m going to use two of them, I can afford a little extra weight.

cynic-al
    Free Member

WTF I thought my road frame was light a 1.3kg but it was only £90 😀

price?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I’m running Cosmic SLR’s on my SuperSix.

Nice Frame! Pics when built!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

not being funny cycnic-al but there’s this really popluar website where one can search for information on the world wide web 😉

RV
    Free Member

Cannondale have released 70 frames with an RRP of £2300. All frames sold to dealers within hours.
    My old SL’s have been great and covered thousands and thousands of miles with no problem but are red. I don’t want a deep section rims as for anything other than riding on a perfect day they can be a handicap. The R-sys slr in stealth black look nice but I’m waiting to see the Enve 25 clinchers in the flesh with CK hubs. Then i could keep the SL’s for winter riding and grotty days.

krixmeister

I could be wrong (I usually am on road bike stuff) but isn’t there something about the Evo frames not having the right holes for internal routing of Di2 wires?

bikerbruce
    Free Member

di2 specific model…sob sob

baldSpot
    Free Member

Lovely looking frame. Can you fit discs to it or is it obsolete already?
    How much?

fontmoss
    Free Member

di2 with 240 or 190 hubs on enve rims, job done

Rorschach
    Free Member

Rode one back to back with a TCR Advanced Sl ISP.It is very light and suprisingly comfortable but the giant is noticably stiffer through the bars.So that’s what is hanging above my head as I type.Got fed up of waiting for ultegra Di2 so it’s got my old mechanical stuff till the new dura ace 11 speed is available.

rOcKeTdOg

Who makes those, can’t quite make out the name..

Rorschach
    Free Member

Commencal?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I got to ride a bike with Di2, all be it on a turbo at JD Cycles in Ilkley, and it truely is awesome.

Pedalling at 30rpm and it glides across the chainset while the mech self trims to maintain chainline, I’m not one for buying new kit just because they change the ergonomics year on year to maintain marketshare but electronic shifting really is the future.

MSP

I am waiting until electronic shifting works out the front/rear shifting with just one push of a button, then it really will be nirvana.

ps, that frame is lovely.

RV
    Free Member

Well it is built, took me a little longer than I hoped for as it’s not the Di2 specific frame that just has another whole drilled in it and I was deciding whether to do it myself…… As it would void my warranty I decided better of it and plumbed it on on the outside. it also saved the added expense of my trying to hide another batt in the seat post. I think it looks fine as the paintwork is black and white.
    I was previously riding an ultegra Super Six on the same wheels and loved it…. This bike is something else. First ride this morning to work and my average speed had increased by just over 3mph. Probably a bit of new bike syndrome but if it encourages me to ride faster then it’s done it’s job. Now just have to justify the Enve smarts.

cynic-al
    Free Member

3mph?…did you fit an 80 watt spacer? 😉

doof_doof
    Free Member

Layback post and postive rise stem on a race bike. Oh no… 🙁

sambob
    Free Member

You get all that light stuff then put a Thomson seatpost in it? Needs some more swish carbon 😉

ben
    Free Member

It deserves some road pedals too.

RV
    Free Member

I had to raid my spare parts box, I’m really a MTBer, so all I had was old Thomson kit due to the seat tube size not being the same as all the SLK stuff I had. Need to save some more penny’s. As for the bar’s, I’m playing with the heights and stack at the moment as I’ve gone up a size in frame and don’t want to cut the stearer till i’m happy with position. it’s a work in progress.
    I told you I was fitting two 80 watt spacers and the whole thing built using dark matter grease.

fontmoss
    Free Member

needs enve rims to complete the look imho (and sort out the stem and seatpost, enve too?) but a cracking looking bike

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Supersix Evo – Road bike content’ is closed to new replies.