Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sunglasses for driving – suggestions please?
  • Yetiman
    Free Member

Having just this moment broken my faithful old Ray Bans that lived in my car I need to look for a replacement pair. Something comfortable, stylish, reasonably light and less than £50 would be a good starting point. Doubling up as spare cycling glasses also a bonus but not essential. Whaddaya recommend folks??

Ta

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

polarised lenses

Stoner
    Free Member

uplink
    Free Member

We get issued with 2 pairs [Smiths] at Work one pair with polarised darkish lenses for general daytime driving & one pair of a light amber [ish] colour for low light driving
    The polarised ones do cause problems with LCD displays though, so if you have those, maybe just normal lenses

Yetiman
    Free Member

Stoner – I'm trying to get away from that look.

Thanks uplink I'll have a look at Smiths stuff.

molgrips
    Free Member

I've got polarised lenses. They have strange effects sometimes, but after having tried the non polarised (long story) ones the polarised have better contrast.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Raybans. They've got much better styles than the old "CHiPPS" aviators now, the grey lenses are superb.

Just noticed your price limit, and realised that you'll struggle to get raybans for less than £50, unless you go for some "from china" via ebay.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

oakley – is there really any other choice?

Turnoisier
    Free Member

Any of the serengeti 'drivers' range. The lenses are absolutely superb.

Ebay is your best bet if your budget is limited to £50.

CountZero

Don't go for photoreactive lenses, the UV they need to work's blocked by the windscreen glass. Bronze is the best tint as it improves contrast. Persimmon is good for dull overcast days, but not so good when the sun's really bright.

CountZero

http://www.ryderseyewear.com/eyewear/page.ashx
    I was checking these out at the Cycle Show, and they look pretty good. They're Canadian, and they do a huge range of styles and lens tints, and there are interchangeable lenses as well. Biketreks seem to do them, according to Google, and they come in around £45 ish.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sunglasses for driving – suggestions please?’ is closed to new replies.