Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Summer lubes – wasteful…
  • votchy
    Free Member

Using the finish line dry at the mo, seem to be going through it like it’s going out of fashion, applying as I would the finishline cross country it ends up everywhere, any tips on how to use these lubes sparingly?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Stick ’em in the trophy cabinet as an ornament and use cheap as chips car gear oil?

aP
    Free Member

I just put a drop on each roller and leave it dry then wipe off the excess. Last ages and doesn’t attract as much dirt.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve been using the muc off one. Really gloopy when it goes on but doesn’t need to be renewed each ride.

wwaswas

As above apply sparingly on each roller, wait to dry, apply again, wait to dry and then ride (lots) before reapplication.

sambob
    Free Member

Agreed, the TF2 one is stupidly thin. I just went back to a wet lube, and make sure i wipe of as much excess as possible so it doesn’t attract dust.

Northwind

I take the chain off and run the lube down it, you still waste a wee bit but not much.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m currently using used fork oil on my chain. It’s as good as anything fancy with a brand name on it, and very easy to clean and reapply. 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Tried the Muc-off one, but found it clogged the bottle very easily so I’ve gone back to Finish Line dry

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve tried a good few lubes over the years and I’ve found myself back with Finishline wet.

After degreasing and cleaning with water, it gets dunked in some decanted GT85 to push out the residual water, hung on a hook and trickled with lube. I catch what runs off in a tub, filter through coffee filter papers and re-use.

Whyte1
    Free Member

i’ve been using Squirt but find it makes the chain noisy and washes of riding past water , soi’m going back to Chain-L as it’s guiet and lasts ages

Northwind

Aye, not that impressed with Squirt either, it’s great if everything’s completely dry but that’s it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Summer lubes – wasteful…’ is closed to new replies.