Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Suggest An Event to Train For
  • shooterman

I’m finding my bike time decreasing and my waistline increasing. One of my issues is that I don’t really like exercise for the sake of it. It has to serve a purpose.

So, in an effort to rekindle my interest, I have thought of entering a toughish event, say in 12 months time. This would realistically allow me time to build up fitness levels / reduce bodyweight.

I’m fairly big naturally so I don’t think an out and out xc race event would do it. Any suggestions for an event to target?

ivnickkate
    Free Member

http://tweedlove.com/ This is a link to this year’s Tweedlove festival in the Scottish Borders, lots of events to look at. The natural Tweed ride is free, guided and quite long, with no racing. Hopefully see you next year.

njee20
    Free Member

A 24 solo? Plenty to choose from!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member
    shooterman

Yes, I had been thinking about an endurance event.

Waderider
    Free Member

I’m finding a GPS and Strava pretty motivational day after day. Or you could just cultivate more cycling buddies. Not that there is anything wrong with targeting specific events, but training for one is obviously only a temporary motivation – there are other ways to achieve your aim. New bike even?!

Me – I just love cycling 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

I was going to enter and train for the Tour de Ben Nevis (September).

I changed my mind when I found out the gondola will be closed by then, because I had wanted to get some DH in while up there. It might be just the sort of event you want though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Suggest An Event to Train For’ is closed to new replies.