• This topic has 85 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by rs.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • ST on Twitter…!
  • DezB
    Free Member

Has anyone noticed their latest little message.
    Nasty!

(Edit: Actually from 24hrs ago)

soma_rich
    Free Member

Go on then for us non-blue-bird loving people….

DezB
    Free Member

Oh ok then –

about 24 hours ago from web
    Singletrackmag: The award for most unpleasant and deeply hated by the office forum user goes to……

Singletrackmag: Hora!

clubber
    Free Member
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hmmm. In some ways I can't say I'm surprised. (About the comment generally, not the reference to Hora)

nuke

Congratulations to Dan Carhcart for the grumpiest and yet most entertaining subscription cancellation letter ever. Dan wins the steam off…

…also quite intriguing: wonder what the reason for the cancellation was?

Jamie
    Free Member

Congratulations to Dan Carhcart for the grumpiest and yet most entertaining subscription cancellation letter ever. Dan wins the steam off…

2:43 AM Nov 2nd from Tweetie

This letter needs to be made public knowledge.

wwaswas

yes, I wanted to see that letter

Is Hora really unpleasant?

He's clearly got some sort of forum Tourretes which means he has to post anything he thinks of as soon as he thinks it but most of the time I just find him baffling.

#horaclangers seems to have dropped off a bit recently too.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Hora

Really? He's an idiot, yeah but I don't think it's intentional and therefore not really unpleasant. There's certainly one or two others ahead of him in the queue

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hora's alright really. Entertaining at least.

There's just a village missing an idiot somewhere. 😉

BigJohn

Dan Carhcart must have written what I was thinking when I cancelled mine.

uplink
    Free Member

Hora's not unpleasant – just a bit .. er … forward

diggers
    Free Member

backward surely?

uplink
    Free Member

backward surely?

probably both
    😀

iDave
    Free Member

at least he's mildly amusing, unlike that ernie lynch – even if i agree with him he still manages to irritate me (nothing personal whoever you are)

sc-xc

I think Hora's OK. Their comments are a bit harsh, but isn't that typical of ST?

whippersnapper
    Free Member

this place is falling to bits. Watching the forum decend into playground antics is fair enough albeit very sad, but STW staff falling to our level??? Personal and public comments about people who support/ed you, nice work, very professional. Not doing yourselves any favours chaps.

vinnyeh

doesn't take much nous to make a guess who'd be behind that comment.

Hora might be many things, but 'unpleasant' isn't one of the adjectives I'd use for his online presence.

elliptic
    Free Member

this place is falling to bits

Now that is quality humour 😆

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I was giving the place the benefit of the doubt 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Mmm not exactly a professional thing to do, slightly odd to directly insult your forum members/supporters.

Mark

…also quite intriguing: wonder what the reason for the cancellation was?

Beards were quite high on his list

iDave
    Free Member

personally i think every business should regularly cull some of their customers

wwaswas

I've now got visions of Hora wandering aimlessly away from the herd of stw posters and being tracked by bike journalists with high powered rifles in a Souther Comfort kind of style (but without the zydeco music)

nickc

singletrackmag tweets are pretty random though

vinnyeh

singletrackmag tweets are pretty random though

bang away long enough…

hora
    Free Member

Oi, you misquoted me. I said "baps or barms" (depending on where you live)

rOcKeTdOg

i have a beard and a subscription, what should i do???

Jamie
    Free Member

Cancel it in a explosion of vitriol apparently.

NikNak7890
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member

Mmm not exactly a professional thing to do, slightly odd to directly insult your forum members/supporters.

Exactly what I was thinking.

A feed from "The Company" should be exactly that, professional.

AndyP
    Free Member

they've not insulted their forum members or supporters, just Hora. I like them a little more now.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The thing is with Hora is that he is like a puppy, the more abuse he gets the more he comes back for another slap.

I've said this before, you are either very thick skinned Hora or very thick.

That's not meant as an insult BTW.

miketually
    Free Member

Mmm not exactly a professional thing to do

Obviously no-one remembers the webcam mooning 🙂

They're not professional, they're bike journos 😉

brant
    Free Member

Doesn't everyone know about #horaclangers?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

brant – Member

Doesn't everyone know about #horaclangers?

Nope, I know little of twitter, how do I get there?

hora
    Free Member

KINGTUT- this forum ticks the box that lets off stress and steam.

If anyone speaks louder than the rest (there are some types on here who don't like that aren't they?) or throws in a silly viewpoint, hes set upon. Hence I'll keep throwing them into the area- it tickles me greatly.

Its an internet forum- why do you folk take its soo bloody seriously? Beyond me. take it for what it is and revel in its silliness, bathe in its freedom from linear-thought! Plus there is the odd subtle-troll skill of course (cough).

Ps. AndyP like your Mother I also love you 8)

djglover
    Free Member

Hora basically deserves this accolade

Drac

Nope, I know little of twitter, how do I get there?

Mark

Its an internet forum- why do you folk take its soo bloody seriously? Beyond me.

Why is the fact that it is an internet forum any excuse for not respecting the people you are addressing in the same way you would if you were face to face? Or even more accurately face to face with the person you are addressing with a microphone transmitting to the public at large?

That's what we are all doing on here. We are communicating to the rest of the readers as much as we are addressing any group or individual. The same levels of respect and consideration of thoughts and opinions are required. The fact you can't see your audience is not an excuse. The fact this is an internet forum is not an excuse to behave in a way you would not otherwise do. That philosophy is enshrined in the forum rules and guidelines, which I'm currently updating. Soon they will become an agreement that everyone who uses this site must opt in to before they can access this forum or any other interactive part of the site.

And on that note it's probably a good opportunity to highlight one particular rule…

"No posts, including links to other sites that are deemed to be of a sexual or distasteful nature, incite racial or sexist behaviour or are in any way discriminatory and/or offensive towards individuals or minority groups."

This is in response to the increase of sexist and generally misogynistic posts that have been on the increase lately. The moderators have been told to look out closely for such posts and deal with them.

xc-steve
    Free Member

@Mark does "offensive towards individuals or minority groups" cover religious groups or is abuse towards them still except from the rule?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘ST on Twitter…!’ is closed to new replies.