Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • STW NFL fans – new season (may contain spoilers)
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

I’ve been a part time fan for a while, but having got super fast broadband recently i’ve bought an NFL game pass… and what a season opener last night!

Green Bay looked very impressive indeed. Raji is an immovable lump!

t-obias
    Free Member

Looking forward to The Miami/New England game on Monday. Hopefully the Fins can turn them over for a change but I’m not holding my breath.

Only game I saw last season was the superbowl….brought ESPN this month and already seen plenty of college games. Can’t wait for the NFL 🙂

white101

got involved with my mates fantasy league this year on nfl.com, complex?? they had a live draft of fantasy teams on sunday night! I think I may be in for a poor season, it requires more commitment than the wife 😉 .

Jamie
    Free Member

I got sucked in on Superbowl Sunday 7 months ago. Might have a look into the season pass thing…failing that start stealing the games/highlights off the interwebs after the games have been on.

t-obias
    Free Member

Ha, did the NFL.com one a few years ago. Was not going to stay up for the draft again!

You should try the one on NFL UK. Far easier 🙂

white101

did that last year was fun, got told i had to step up to big league….appprently they were missing a whipping boy

CaptJon
    Free Member

the season pass is well worth it (he says after one game!). If you’ve got the bandwidth the picture is very very near HD so I link my laptop to my TV. Plus when you’re watching the day after they’ve already cut most of the adverts out. I’m looking forward to sunday and testing out watching four games at once!

Jamie
    Free Member

If you’ve got the bandwidth the picture is very very near HD so I link my laptop to my TV.

50mb line with a 27″ iMac display be ok?*

*Not willy waving, just sometimes with these things the pic quality is crap if tried to view full screen…*glares at Arsenal TV*

CaptJon
    Free Member

Yeah, at a push 50mb would be ok 😉

I get about 40mb and plug my mbp into a 32″ HD TV and it looks great. You also get sky+ esque controls to pause live streams, and nudge back and forth 10 seconds.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Me and my buddy have tickets for the Wembley game in October. (having been before, we got first refusal doncha know). Woo. Yay.

Cougar

Yoink.

Quite fancied this, but at £155 quid it’s a bit rich for me, so I’m oot.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We’re ahem on preferential rates due to connections with a large American credit card company. 🙂

Cougar

ORLY?!

How preferential is preferential, exactly? And have you got any spare logins?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My mate’s missus works for them 🙂 £155???? Think it cost me £80 last year which still seems stupidly expensive! He hasn’t told me this year’s money though…you’ve got me worried now.

Jamie
    Free Member

Am I being an idiot, or is Darcy talking about the cost of going to Wembley, but Cougar is talking about the online season pass?

*goes off to check Wembley prices*

ianpinder
    Free Member

I’ve been to all the wembley games so far, always a good day out. I played for my university, and now a local club too. I have sky so will just watch it on that, unfortunatly I’ll be in Africa for the superbowl, but might be able to find somewhere showing it.

robbo1234biking

I enjoyed the first game – both teams going for it and will prob both be in the playoffs. More tomorrow night

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jimmers has it I think 😳

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘STW NFL fans – new season (may contain spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.