Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • STW meet @ Puffer. Friday night beer and introductions
  • Xan
    Free Member

From a suggestion on another post anyone fancy an STW get together on the Friday night and an quick beer. How does 9pm sound. This is my first puffer so suggestions on a meeting point would be good. Bring a cup and I'll bring the Jack Daniels. Can promise there is enough for everyone I'm afraid. You'll spot me I'll be wearing a red and black spider ski jacket and probably a dodgy tammy of some description.

Smee
    Free Member

I dont do single quick beers – how about several moderately paced ones?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i should be there – depends if cars get up the hill or not – from the photos its not likely but if we get up or get moderately close to the action ill sleep over somewhere near the car.

probably be with surrounded by idiots up there at some point …

if my car makes it before the exhaust falls off … and the back window falls out !

Xan
    Free Member

Several moderately paced ones sounds good to me.

I'll be there with Mountain Chubb and Whyter off the forum. Any suggestions for a meet up point?

Xan
    Free Member

Bump. Anyone else interested??

turneround

any chance of an STW badge/flowers/newspaper under left arm type thingy so we spot each other at the race and say hello…. the way todler 1 is sleeping at the moment its doubtful id get leave the night before (even though im only 7 miles away)… anyway, i thought all STW'ers were well performance athletes who drink nothing but protein shakes and are in bed by 8.30??

jojoA1
    Free Member

Could do introductions at the sign on marquee at a designated time. I'd be the worried looking woman and trail rat and IASI know me.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

This'll be my first 'Puffer (first event of any type actually) and not too sure what to expect at all really. A meet up would be good. I've not booked any accommodation for the night before so knowing where's good to go for something to eat and drink may appease the wife somewhat! 😀 It doesn't help that one of the team does have a hotel room but hey, she's got a fancy new tent and sleeping bag to stay in!
    Again, we'll be easily recognisable, we'll be the team of 4 consisting of 3 people 😡 🙄 who haven't been on our bikes for 2 months! I'll be scratching my head trying to pitch my tent dressed in full fire kit 😀

Paul

thomthumb
    Free Member

would love to but i'm not sure we'll be there by 9 (hope so closes at 10!!)

that is 15 hours travelling so i hope so actually. I'll be the one looking very cold – us southerners ain't used to these conditions.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Are people aware that the village of Strathpeffer is some distance from the camping/transition area. Nearest village is Contin and I can't remember if it has a pub.

By the way, things thawing rapidly here in Elgin (about 50 miles East).

trail_rat
    Free Member

contin has a small shop and a vw garage …. and some houses

rapidly thawing and RAINING (remember that wet stuff ?? ) in aberdeen

id rather it was -15
    forecasts are organiser friendly too – rain and + temps on all forecasts atm

29erKeith
    Free Member

With Thom will come along if we get there in time, fingers crossed

jojoA1
    Free Member

We haven't got a 'where' and 'when' yet though, have we?

cullen-bay
    Free Member

its not thawing very fast up here in the race area…. im for meeting up at sign on, but i wouldn't be, seeing as i wouldnt be drinking…

trail_rat
    Free Member

about 4pm – next to my car …. so we can shove it up the hill 😉

seriously how about in the food tent about 9 – presuming its a similar set up to the puffer lite !

Xan
    Free Member

9 at the food tent suits me perfect. Take a copy of stw and leave it on the table so we know who you are.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

I might make it along… il try.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘STW meet @ Puffer. Friday night beer and introductions’ is closed to new replies.