Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • STW inspired GREAT ride!
  • el_boufador

Reading the mag lately I’ve been quite impressed by the exploits like bivvying out on a work night or going somewhere impossibly remote by train for the weekend. The thing which appeals to mme is that actually there is a hell of a lot of riding / experience available in a short time frame if you think laterally.

So tonight I had a wee adventure all of my own:

19:30 Kids in bed – sorted;
    19:45 Set off on road slog
    20:30 Arrive first decent hill near Leeds (otley chevin)
    21:00 In Menston, having done a couple of big hill descents I haven’t done in years (nothing like it on my local routes)
    21:30 Atop Ilkley Moor, not a soul around, feeling more isolated that I ever have, having started riding from home
    21:40 Riding an utterly, utterly, utterly brilliant cheeky descent into Ilkley. Seriously some of the best riding I have had this year, and unreachable from home without bending the rules.
    21:50 Ilkley co-op buying beer
    22:05 Ilkley train station for the train back to Leeds
    21:15 Home tired and very happy
    00:05 Typing this

Shame my regular riding mates couldn’t make it along tonight , but no matter – will do it again with them soon.

So thanks STW boys/gals – I’ve just had one of my best rides so far this year thanks to you.

Everyone else – you must try something like this. When you break it down my adventure was only a bike ride with a train at the end, but it felt more than that. Like my horizons have been expanded!

Sorry, gushing, but I have had an ace time tonight!

radoggair
    Free Member

21:50 Ilkley co-op buying beer
    22:05 Ilkley train station for the train back to Leeds
    21:15 Home tired and very happy
    00:05 Typing this

you enjoyed it so much you even travelled back in time!!!

montylikesbeer

Sounds like a great night out hats off to you

Drac

you enjoyed it so much you even travelled back in time!!!

He hit 88mph with train.

Done a few evening rides the last weeks and it’s been rather nice. Summer is ace.

Trimix
    Free Member

Sometimes a small plan results in a big adventure. Its nice to see the results of something you put together yourself – very satisfying.

brant
    Free Member

I might have to try that and get the train back from HB to Walsden as I’m a lazy ****.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘STW inspired GREAT ride!’ is closed to new replies.