• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mega.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • STW Hive Mind: Netconferencing/Desktop sharing type softwares..
  • toys19
    Free Member

I’ve been using this Teamviwer software for a while now, and previously used netmeeting (I think) to have little net conferencing/meetings and allow others to see my desktop. I would like to have a commercial solution for as little as possible (or free). Teamviewer is free for non commercial use, which I could use but the free version is limited to 15 mins..

Any recommendations for free or cheap effective solutions?

dawson

Webex does that, but don’t think its free.

Logme in is more of a support tool, but they might do a meeting tool – looks like its called join.me

mogrim

Skype has limited support for sharing a desktop – non-interactive, you show the other users what you’re doing but they can’t click on anything.

The pay version supports video conferencing, the free version will only do voice conferences.

DezB
    Free Member
    theprawn
    Free Member

the freebie ones are all a bit crap. if it’s for a business, invest in a sound technology such as Webex or Live Meeting. remember though, it’s only as good as your internet connection.

Cougar

I work for a comms company. Internally, we use Office Communicator. Desktop sharing, messaging, voice, integrates with the phone system so you can see who’s calling your land line…

The older versions were awful, but from 2007 it’s an impressive bit of kit. No idea what it costs, though.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have recently started using live meeting to share a desktop. It appears to work well at home or in the office. No idea of the price as I’m just using what I am given.

menothim
    Free Member

Mikogo is what you want. Free software for sharing your desktop with a bunch of people and you just dial them in via phone or Skype for audio. Actually works really well. I like it.

TheGingerOne

We also use Office Communicator to speak and share desktops between the UK, Philadelphia and India. It works well. For larger demo’s and meetings we use Webex which is useful as you can also record what you are doing.

babat78
    Free Member

Quality remote support services can never be free though. You may want to check http://www.gosupportnow.com, which costs only at $19.95/month.

mega
    Free Member

gotomeeting is great

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘STW Hive Mind: Netconferencing/Desktop sharing type softwares..’ is closed to new replies.