Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • STW Archers listeners….(Possible spoiler!)
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone else think that the scene of Phil's death was beautifully handled this evening? 😥

Radio can be so powerful sometimes. The portrayal of Jack's dementia has also been excellently done, very sensitive and moving.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yep, my eyes did become a little moist.

antigee

so the question is
    have "they" all gone out to get absolutely rat @rsed to help "forget" or

had a nice mug of hot chocolate and a muffin and are tucked up with a well thumbed frost

or (praise the lord) there are only two archers fans on here

come out of the closet and own up

PS I cancelled my subscription to "The Week" because I was actually paying to get a written synopsis of the Archers – 15 minutes a day twice a day 7 days a week and people blame the internet for lack of reality

mefty
    Free Member

Spoiler?

Sandwich

Sunday morning omnibus listeners here. Podcast downloaded just in case we're "busy". 😉

antigee

spoiler? that means you are a sunday morning omnibus listener and i out you

sunday mornings are for humping like whales or riding*
    * or reading the papers and being nice to people you hardly know at some kids class

mefty
    Free Member

or going to church? Used to be omnibus listener but not now alas.

tails
    Free Member

Is that program still going, my old dear used to listen on sundays. I thought it was an old persons kinda program.

teagirl
    Free Member

Missed it as working, grim Sunday omnibus awaits me…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I like to dip in and out every so often. There is something lovely about it…(I suspect Flash and I possibly share tastes in radio, more than other walks of life) …the "agricutural" accents, picturing what they might look like in real life, the clash of old with new. Must start listening again.

jojoA1
    Free Member

I love The Archers. Not caught it since I saved up all the podcasts of the omnibusses (or is it omnibi?) for a couple of months to listen to all at once at the strathpuffer… Need to go for a reeeeeeaaaaaaaaally long bike ride to catch up!

ourmaninthenorth

Sunday morning omnibus for Mrs North. When I am around (always riding, TBH) I tend to listen in, too.

I was once the centre of an entire office's p*sstaking, as it was my knowledge of the full names of Emma's baby that won a team quiz.

If I catch it kin the week, I tend to turn over, but it does remind me of a certain cosiness growing up when my mum would put it in the kitchen on when making dinner.

The accents are, but for a few odd ones – Tom Archer, for e.g. – good, and remind me of where I grew up (Banbury – the real life village of Loxley is nearby).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘STW Archers listeners….(Possible spoiler!)’ is closed to new replies.