Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • Stupid names!
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Why do horrible chavvy parents these days insist on naming their horrible chavvy children ridiculous names. Who would want their daughter called Lacey or a son called Jaden FFS…?!!

Where do these names come from? I can’t recall any Queen Lacey’s in our history…

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Couldn’t agree more Loddrik.
    (exception being if you had two girls, Cagney and Lacey would be perfectly acceptable 🙂 )

tazzymtb

bless you for being so grumpy over something so silly, have you thought about having a nice cup of herbal tea and maybe doing some breathing exercises to keep calm. It can’t be good for a man of your age.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I think the trend nowadays is to name them after your mums fave video game character

Mr Ryu Donkey Sonic Nutt

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What business is it of yours what people call their children? Don’t be such a snob.

aP
    Free Member

I hadn’t realised that chav was still the lower middle class IT manager’s term for all those considered “below” him.
    I haven’t heard anyone actually say that term for several years.

singletracksurfer

It’s just in case they win the poor persons tax (lottery).
    so they’ll be ready to fit right in with celebs 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

You see this thread would be even funnier if Loddrik was your real name. Please tell me it is, go on, please…..

I think the whole naming your children thing takes place in some kind of alternative universe for most parents. It’s as if there is some sort of temporary suspension of common sense, maybe it’s the hormones, I don’t know.

All I do know is that when we were expecting Ethan, for a brief period, I was absolutely convinced that ‘Willoughby’ was a great name for a boy and no amount of convulsive horror expressed by friends or family could shake my faith in that fact.

I haven’t got the faintest, freakin idea what leave I took of my senses, but I am glad that I came round before we came to sit down in the registry office and declare him as Ethan James, rather than Willoughby James.

headfirst
    Free Member

My wife happened to mention a girl that she’d dealt with at school, her name was……

….Alice Cooper! I ‘proper LOLed’!!

In my teaching career I’ve also had the pleasure of knowing:

Fred Perry
    Michael Caine
    Michael Jackson
    Jack Nicholson

ton

i have a customer called david david.

Harry_the_Spider

Jaden is an old name.

The name Jaden is a baby boy name. The name Jaden comes from the Hebrew origin. In Hebrew The meaning of the name Jaden is: Jehovah has heard. A Biblical name.

For sheer (lack of) class you can’t beat Cantona. It sounds best when shouted in ASDA.

Cantona, put that Tia Maria back on the ####ing shelf

DezB
    Free Member

We gave my son an unusual name. Call us chavs and we’ll come round and stick a petrol bomb through your letterbox.

jon1973
    Free Member

If i had a daughter I’d call her Clamydia. Sounds right posh. Not sure what it means, probably foreign or sommit. Our two pet Staffs are called Ronnie and Reggie.

TheFlyingOx

This thread is now about terrorism.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can someoene post a picture of Lacey Turner for me?

Thanks,

TSY

DezB
    Free Member

I Google Image searched Lacey Turner. No idea who they are but there seems to be 3 of them. Which one did you want?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The naughty cockney one off of Eastenders.

yossarian
    Free Member

my youngest son is called Beech

when he’s older i’ll send him round to rob your house and rape your cat

downshep

Knew a family who called their daughter Princess Tiami. Apparently following the lead of some Z lister. There’s also a Pocahontas McGinty in Govan. It’s a pure sin furra wean so it is.

When considering a name for your newborn. Simply use the “tea” test. If the chosen name fits neatly in to “Haw (insert name; Charlene/Queen Lafita etc), come in and get yer tea”, when shouted from an upstairs windae, then don’t use it.

philconsequence
    Free Member

my children will be called “come here” and “go away”, doesn’t matter what sex they are.

actually i might suggest “winty Mac” then the poor sods name will be “Winty Mac Winterbottom”…. oh the fun they’ll have in school

Shibboleth
    Free Member

yossarian – Member

my youngest son is called Beech

When he’s older, he might provide you with a grandson… A Son Of A Beech.

(IGMC)

Came across a good one yesterday, Zsuzsanna. That’s just adding random letters for the sake of it to try and look unique! It’s just paving the way for a lifetime of repeating “No, ‘Z’ for zulu… etc” to incredulous call centre staff.

I had this conversation with an acquaintance that called her child “Daisey”. What is the put on the extra E???

Gachet
    Free Member

Can someoene post a picture of Lacey Turner for me?

There you go:

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

YAY! I love that girl. Would a rose by any other name be quite so hot!

Met her on holiday last year, and instantly said to my then girlfriend…

‘we should have one of those celebs that it’s acceptable for us to cheat with’

We split up shortly after the holiday.

Gachet
    Free Member

She’s my second favourite on UK TV after the lovely Jennifer Metcalfe in Hollyoaks!

carbon337
    Free Member

We are choosing baby names at the mo for our impending arrival and some of the websites are full of stupid names. Most of the sites are American and they are known for stupid names so the chavs come along and look at these sites and thats that, Chardonnay leona princess talulla smith is created.

philconsequence
    Free Member

krystahl shandelleah is a good girls name.

bassspine
    Free Member

OI Formica! leave little Le-A alone. Cricklewood stop fighting NOW!

iDave
    Free Member

Zsuzsanna – quite common in eastern Europe as a non-made-up non-weird name. You should spend more time outside your ghetto.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Watching my Godson (9 years old) playing football the other week and heard a parent shout

‘For F*ck Sake Ronaldo, if you are going to fall over at least do it properly!’

I turned around to see a little ginger haired kid getting up off the ground.

br
    Free Member

My wife was at school with an Everhard (think thats the spelling) – his surname was Dick.

And his sister was Afelia…

Freakanomics had a chapter on the naming conventions of ‘lower’ America:

http://freakonomicsbook.com/freakonomics/chapter-excerpts/chapter-6/

emsz
    Free Member

There’s a Latoya at my college. Which isn’t so bad but the story goes that one of her lecturers called her Toyota. Poor girl , it sort of stuck.

It’s hard not to laugh.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

In my time working with kids, I’ve met a Chardonnay & a Stella, colleagues & I assumed it was the alcohol that had been involved at the moment of conception. Not exclusively but quite often younger parents/younger parent.

Also come across lots of “phonetic” spellings of more traditional names, for example Shevaun.

Good job Mrs MFL & I didn’t follow that lead, otherwise Josh would have been known as Vodka Red Bull.

jon1973
    Free Member

I went to school with Phil McCavity and Ivor Biggun.

Edit. I didn’t really.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

My two favourite names (after Lacey Turner) that are seemingly innocent until you abbreviate the christian name..

Michael Hunt.
    Jennifer Taylor.

D0NK

Much like downsheps tea test I decided you’ve got to go for a name you don’t mind shouting in your own (and the local one if you didn’t grow up where you live) accent across morrisons – or indeed asda

Cantona, put that Tia Maria back on the ####ing shelf

I really hope it was in a strong manc accent 🙂

Edit: and for goodness sakes make sure it doesnt sound ridiculous with your surname too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Josh

Biblical names are what do it for me. Hate ’em. Obviously a late 20th/early 21st century name fashion victim. I predict free schools all over the country full of Jacobs, Noahs, Joshs, Aarons, Isaacs etc in a generation’s time. Roll call will sound like someone’s reading the bible.

Cougar

I had to create a user account the other day for Dongdong Smith. I can only assume that’s come from marriage, but what a great combination.

philconsequence
    Free Member

used to work with “Cherry-Pie Peters”

she was lovely 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

I know someone who has the joy of shouting britney, Paris, Chelsea come ere – she genuinely thinks they are classy names.

They do it so we can easily identify the lower classes – see also Tarquin, peregrine, Portia etc for the upper classes doing similiar
    I once had to call and ask to speak to babar Bing

maccruiskeen

i have a customer called david david

I was once interviewed by Martin Martin

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Stupid names!’ is closed to new replies.