Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • stupid fork servicing question…
  • auricgoldfinger

So, I’ve got my card from mojo telling me about my 15 hour service interval…

The float fluid goes on the foam o-rings right, but the suspension oil top up is presumably for oil lost during removal of the lowers (I think they’re only suggesting putting 5-15 ml into the fork depending on model)? Presumably the uppers are not filled to overflowing in the first place so when you remove the lowers with the fork upside down oil won’t spill everywhere?

twang
    Free Member

Yes it will! Drain the oil out of the bottoms. After you’ve undone and knocked in the bolts the oil will drain out.

Flaperon

This is why Fox forks wear out – there’s loads of oil in the damper side but only a drop in the suspension side. DO NOT overfill it, I tried it once and it led to a hydraulic lockout.

coatesy
    Free Member

No need to drain anything, turn them upside down a couple of minutes before stripping, all you’ll lose is a couple of drops of oil.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Iterestingly the foxs I have I put 130ml of oil in the non damper side – which was emptyy of parts completly. Marginal ramp up in the ride and nice lubed stanchions at all times.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘stupid fork servicing question…’ is closed to new replies.