Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Stupid Facebook Groups.
  • genesis
    Free Member

Annoying that so many peole have joined that group about 'You're in our Country so speak our language' how many of those morons live in Wales, Scotland or Ireland and are unable to speak the native language?

binners

Why is it annoying? Its predictable enough. 3 million people a day buy The Sun remember

Keva
    Free Member

probably the same people who complain about the new page layouts etc…

Jamie
    Free Member

Stupid Facebook Groups

Fixed that for you.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I wouldn't worry, in a few hundred years we'll all be speaking Spanchinglish.

avdave2

I wouldn't worry, in a few hundred years we'll all be speaking Spanchinglish.

No we'll just be back to grunting.

aracer
    Free Member

how many of those morons live in Wales, Scotland or Ireland and are unable to speak the native language?

Where do you get that idea from? Most of them seem perfectly competent in English. Or are you suggesting that because I live in Worcestershire I should learn Mercian?

dyna-ti

They're all stupid
    Unless of course youre young.

😉
    Old guy's
    😆

bigyinn
    Free Member

It makes me laugh that Facebook is also being used as some sort of online protest site host, mostly because it doesnt involve actually getting up off your fat angst ridden teenage arse and doing some proper protesting. Pointless and useless.

jimmy

What do you mean? I'm a member of "EEEEKKKKK WE ALL HATE MIKA". That'll tell him.

MussEd
    Free Member

Well I've just joined the "We love Graham from Lidl, Musselburgh!" group. Honstly anyone in east Edinburgh/Porty/Joppa/East Lothian should go along and bask in his retail assistance excellence. Puts the gruntinf ignorant morons from Tesco to shame…

i'm joining that Mika group as well…

uplink
    Free Member

Stupid Facebook Groups

Isn't it a bit like complaining the Daily Sport is sexist?

The people who use/read it are a reflection of it's content – you are what you read

BTW – did you see page 7 in the Sport today?

Taff
    Free Member

Annoying that so many peole have joined that group about 'You're in our Country so speak our language' how many of those morons live in Wales, Scotland or Ireland and are unable to speak the native language?

What's wrong with that? The majority of people here can speak English of sorts, perhaps not fluent but at least they try and it's only by trying that they will improve. If you go abroad you wouldn't be naive enough to think that you can just talk English and get away with it. No, you would try and speak their language plus it's the polite thing to do.

Or perhaps you're saying that all those English people who have moved to Wales should learn Welsh? Or thiose that have gone to Cornwall should learn Cornish?

zaskar
    Free Member

I love the language that some English try to speak…

Iniit?

Fil-im?

Fwee instead of three.

Their and there…

Speak English in England? sure if everyone else does…

hels
    Free Member

Genesis – what is the the native language of Scotland ? I have lived here 15 years and have heard mostly English spoken, have some familiarity with Glaswegian and heard some Gaelic in the islands. Not wanting to get all political but at any time period many languages were spoken in different places.

Most countries have an official language, some have two (Quebec, New Zealand) so I think what they are getting at is that you should try and speak the locally spoken language if you live somewhere, it's English here. I kind of agree, I spent six months in Spain and never had to learn the language as there is such a huge ex-pat community, ashamed of myself really

(Haven't seen the site as I don't believe in Facebook)

sc-xc

(Haven't seen the site as I don't believe in Facebook)

Don't believe in Facebook. What a strange thing to say. It exists, and has it's uses. Great for sharing photos, and catching up with people you are not in regular contact with.

hels
    Free Member

OK rephrase then for Mr Bethel:

I don't want to be on Facebook, and politely decline all those vague aquaintances who ask to be my "friend", as you have to sign up which I don't want to do, which means I can't look at Facebook pages. If any one of those vague acquaintances accepts my invite for live coffee drinking in real time and space I may change my stance.

(So I am quite right not to believe in it, as I have never seen it, you might all be making it up, better get the tin foil hat on)

I am waiting for somebody to invent Arsebook, the anti-social networking site… sounds more me !

hels
    Free Member

Oops double post definitley the aliens.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hels – you could argue that there are 4 languages in Scotland – Gaelic, Auld Scots, Modern Scots and English D'ye ken

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I was in a bar in Switzerland listening to a group speaking. They were all speaking English so I joined them.

It turned out that 2 were German Swiss, one French Swiss, a Bulgarian, a Pole and a Lebanese bloke.

English is the Lingua Franca which should wind the French up a bit.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Stupid Facebook Groups.’ is closed to new replies.