Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • "Stunt" Scooter advice
  • mattp
    Free Member

So so my 6 year old son has asked for a stunt scooter for christmas so that he can do the half pipe thing at the local skate park. The local kids seem to have a great time and it beats a Nintendo DS any day in my book. he has worn out several different brands of cheap scooter and so we’ve been looking stunt scooter of which there is a myriad choice.

Any advice on what to get or not to get will be greatly appreciated.

Thx

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

this one?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Where are you based? If your near sutton (London) head to Pearson cycles they have all the latest scootays

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Pearsons does scooters now!!!???

grum
    Free Member

mattp
    Free Member

he’s 6 years old!!!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

JD Bug or Razor for lower end

The kids seem to rate MGP

legend
    Free Member

he’s 6 years old!!!

indeed, so there’s still time to mould him into something better!

Jeez, even fruitboots are better than scooters….

br
    Free Member

My son broke his on Friday too, launching off the bandstand…, must be a 4′ drop.

So using his savings he got an MGP Nitro.

http://www.skates.co.uk/Kids-Scooters/Madd-Scooters-Index.htm?gclid=CLvK5-mQzasCFYMKfAodHkmZ3g#madd

I was a bit bother about the cost (like I can talk), but its very well built and even comes with lock-on grips.

mattp
    Free Member

thanks br.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

The micro scooter from john lewis is cool! My. 5yo loves it

flip
    Free Member

Got my son this last week, he loves it we spent 6hrs down the skate park the weekend.

He thinks he’s one of the faces there now…. he’s 9 ❗

Rad to the power of sick.

snakebite
    Free Member

me got ours a Slamm thing from Amazon/kates skates, £70 delivered and appears bomb proof. all do yoof appear to have them in various guises….

scooter

ski
    Free Member

Bought my daughter a razor recently after her old one was nicked and was looking for something just a tad bit better

Well the wheel bearing were fitted wonky so the wheels rubbed from new and the main bearings to the steerer were rough as he’ll, and that was after I filled them with some grease, and set the tension correctly!

Tbh the nicked £19.99 chinease copy she started with was better put together!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

MGP is the Santa cruz of scooters.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

mini mag burner, get him back on the right path.

br
    Free Member

MGP is the Santa cruz of scooters.

Sorry, no Audi’s in this household 🙂

moniex
    Free Member

My boys both have a GRIT scooter. Looked much better made than the MGP ones we looked at. They have had it since just before the holiday and they are great, I am very impressed with them. My boys are 8 and 10 and use them nearly every day, in the skate park and just out and about instead of walking.

They sold their wii to pay for it and saved pocket money for a long time, these are about £120 a pop! I think their cheaper models start from £80 ish now…

I would recommend them though…

Zedsdead
    Free Member

This was asked a while back – have a look here

My son takes his to the skatepark/street/house etc and it’s doing a grand job – tough as hell.

mattp
    Free Member

thanks all – looks like mgp is the one to go for…

Cougar

Scooters are in fashion? 😯

chomp
    Free Member

they’re a **** nightmare in skateparks, but not as bad as all the **** emo **** riding their bmx with no brakes

my kids 5 and is wanting an upgrade to his clone wars scooter he’s had for a year or so this is good to know

I do despise scooters though, as a skater at heart they’re the **** devils work (although not as bad as fruit booters, at least kids ‘seem’ to grow out of scooters around 10)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I saw a load down the ‘skate park’ at reigate on sunday – they do look a little sad though, as do the skate boards with those stupid small wheels that stop dead on the slightest bit of grit.

The bmx bikes actually look the most fun.

RealMan
    Free Member

Went in a bmx shop in Exeter for the first time, and saw a load of weird shaped metal things. Couldn’t figure out on earth what they were, until I realised it was a scooter shop that also sold a bmx or two. You see kids riding scooters all over Exeter now. Worth looking for a proper scooter shop maybe, as they do actually exist..

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘"Stunt" Scooter advice’ is closed to new replies.