Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stumpy S-Works HT Advice
  • dribbling
    Free Member

Hi, Firstly, apologies for blatantly joining for some free advice and if this post should be elsewhere.

Scenario: Ex-mtb chap, cycled from 14-21 with classic, lovingly built, stripped and rebuilt bikes – love of my life being my ’94 Explosive Pro. Standard: Average, left cycling when my mates went mental and started on this “downhilling” craze, propelling themselved towards accidents on the heaviest machines they could find, while I was still hacking a few mm off my bottle cage bolts to save weight.

FFWD to a few years ago; I bought an ’04 stumpy and found although I’d lost my kahoonnies from 10 years hence, I enjoyed cycling still.

Today: Engaged, happy, about to buy a house and get married & have kids (as long as my old flite titanium hasn’t done too much damage).

…so obviously, I want to get my “dream” bike before I never have the money again.

Budget: approx £1000.

Dream Bike: Specialized S Works (ANY!)

I’ve gone thrrough the carbon/alloy argument in my head and the full sus/HT thoughts and although an epic S Works FSR is lovely; it’s strecthing my budget…

So I am left with this offering to consider on ebay; but I am WAY out of the loop on what values are, so any advice on what a sensible price would be for this would be greatly appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251037466966

Thanks, Rich

dribbling
    Free Member

Oh…..would you believe someone has just bid; I guess it is worth the asking price! (feeling stupid)

RealMan
    Free Member

If you want a dream bike with an s-works frame, you’re probably going to have to increase your budget, double or perhaps even triple it. Have a look at canyon, they make some very nice bikes that very reasonably priced.

njee20
    Free Member

If you want a dream bike with an s-works frame, you’re probably going to have to increase your budget, double or perhaps even triple it.

+1

That S-Works will no doubt go for a fair chunk. It’s actually a 2006 frame, so if he bought it in 2010 it sat around for a long time.

But yes, for £1000 an S-Works will either be not a complete bike, or crap!

dribbling
    Free Member

Thanks njee20; I was wondering what year it was – I’m dreaming slightly I know on budget, but realisitically I could stretch to £1200 – I didn’t think I was too off the ball; I realise it’ll be a good few years old for that money. I watched an epic sworks go for £1000 only a couple of days ago, although I suspect not great components as they chap didn’t reply to any request for details (that were not listed)

Oh dear….anyone want to buy a cat for £1000? 🙁

fizzer
    Free Member

that’s a very clever way of selling a 2006 model as 2010 one. Alternatively you could by my 2009 carbon FSR for £1500 inc XTR 970 crank & mechs, mono mini pros crossmax SLR in vgc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stumpy S-Works HT Advice’ is closed to new replies.