Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Stumpjumper EVO Carbon
  • adstick
    Free Member

Anyone got or waiting for one and want to enthuse? Mine’s here in two weeks I hope. Can’t wait. Based on the 2011 stumpy elite I’ve just sold, I reckon it’s going to be incredible.

Northwind

They do look blimmin awesome.

lesinge
    Free Member

Got mine on order through insurance as a replacement for my Zesty – also can’t wait. Been told 1st week of January though 😥 Don’t think it’ll be as good a climber as the Zesty but the downs are where it’ll excel I think. :mrgreen:

superfli
    Free Member

I want!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I have one available, large, brand new (not even out of the box) available first week of December for £500 off retail.

I won’t be having it myself, as i’ve just built up a Nomad carbon instead.

Lovely looking bike – if the Nomad didn’t come along, I would have been using it myself 🙂

adstick
    Free Member

Current Stumpjumper is a great climber, can’t see why the EVO won’t be. There’s a danger it might be ‘one bike to rule them all’. Woo!

allthepies
    Free Member

Hmmm. Me no likey.

darrell
    Free Member

fugly as hell

adstick
    Free Member

I think they look bang on, but each to their own.

MInd you, you wouldn’t catch me near the STW standard – some agricultural steel hardtail with long forks. Ew!

blooddonor
    Free Member

And you can get a bottle cage on there,so no more looking like your going up the north face of the eiger with a bloody great camelbak on your back, spot on me thinks.

goodgrief
    Free Member

hobnob, is that frame only or full bike?

jimjam
    Free Member

blooddonor
    And you can get a bottle cage on there,so no more looking like your going up the north face of the eiger with a bloody great camelbak on your back,

I don’t know if you’ve heard but they make small camelbaks too, incase you ride over mildly technical terrain which would cause your water bottle to be spat from it’s ugly fragile cage.

Northwind

I don’t think my Camelbak would be the first choice of kit for climbing the Eiger tbh. Fortunately, it’s very good for mountain biking with, and way better than a mud-encased bottle of warm water.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Goodgrief – full bike, completely standard spec.

I don’t mind helping someone getting a deal on it if they are interested.

stumpy01

I’ve got a normal Stumpjumper carbon FSR & it’s great. That bike looks like a lot of fun but would be way past my capabilities…

Frankers
    Free Member

I’ve got last years Stumpjumper EVO alloy framed bike, great bike and geometry but unfortunately I don’t get to ride it often as I live in the Midlands 🙁

njee20
    Free Member

No Kashima forks – thought the OEM ones were for 2012.

stumpy01

njee20 – Member
    No Kashima forks – thought the OEM ones were for 2012.

Looks like it’s on the shock, but not the fork….

martbikes
    Free Member

Ive just ordered a 2011 stumpjumper expert evo(brand new ) got it for £2000.00 is this a bargain or what ?

twedspeed
    Free Member

Am 5 ft 10 – Should I be looking LARGE or MED ,???

Rickos
    Free Member

Martbikes – that must be an odd sized one at that price, Shirley? Please don’t say it’s a medium… Bought one 3 or 4 weeks ago for 2400.

twedspeed
    Free Member

“nj2 & stumpy01” , I,m Getting mine in march – Have specced Kashima Talas 32 for better small bump and less dive at certain pressures, also can drop head for climbs like I do on my Enduro SL so it should climb well – Also specced Tube less – and a carbon bar, So am looking at a 26 lb six inch travel bike. which will also help with climbs.
    “darrel & adstick” – I ,m not keen on the “toys r us” colour scheme , but am comming round to it.
    “Blood doner and northwind” – thanx for the bottle cage tip – that,ll drop another few kilos off.
    I,m 5ft 11 and am going Medium – Ive had a Med enduro SL for 5 years and thats been fine , I tried a large stumpy evo carbon in the shop and I felt overstretched.,
    Am looking for some ight weight chunky tubeless tyres to finnish my spec list , any sugestions welcomed , I ride north yorks moors Dalby and Hamsterley etc ,

kevcar43
    Free Member

*twedspeed* specialized do some cracking tubeless tyres, i have specialized eskar armadillo (tough casing) 2.3 , they’re the muts nuts , £47 each though, you can get the non armadillo ones for £28

twedspeed
    Free Member

Cheers Will check em out – am basing my tyre choice on weight and performance reviews – So far Nob nics are winning , Decent reveiws and 550g each – The bike actually comes with tubed spesh purgatory / control tyres , which get good reveiws but weigh a wopping 860g !! each plus 100g each for the inner tubes – So by fitting Nobby tubeless I can save around 800g think thats some were over a pound ???.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper EVO Carbon’ is closed to new replies.