Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Stuck with soggy fork/Buy new fork/Buy new frame…aghhh!!!
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I can’t get a firm spring for my Sektor Dual Position Coil fork anywhere. I’ve been riding it on the standard spring, which is just not burly enough for my weight, and the fork bottoms out regularly.

I’ve tried TF, Loco, J-Tech, Stendec, Ebay, google, forums etc and no joy.

With a trip to the alps coming up, I’m starting to accept the fact that I’m going to have to buy a new fork, which after only owning the Sektor for a few months is really grating on me.

My current frame only takes a 1 and 1/8 steerer, so any fork I get will be limited to that, which isn’t exactly great if I ever want a more modern frame….unless I buy a new frame AND fork…which is just getting ridiculous.

Rock(shox) and a hard place.

Now not sure what fork to buy, quite liked the Sektor, it did the job, dual position was useful at times, although often overlooked. Obviously will need to go for an air fork to avoid this spring issue again. Got about £400 to spend. Looking for ideas..cheers, and would go second hand.

Any idea what my sektor would be worth second hand? There’s nothing wrong with it, stanchions are mint, odd scuff on the lowers.

Cheers

gonzy
    Free Member

try the marzocchi 55cr….has 170mm and is 1 1/8th…retails for £500 but Merlin are selling them for £449 and will knock off an extra £45 if you buy inline….trouble is they’re out of stock at the moment…

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Cheers..frame ok up to 150mm though. so 170 a bit too much.

steel4real
    Free Member

Well it just so happens i may have something that would interest you.

1. A RockShox U turn coil – in the blue (firm) specification. 150-110mm – it may be reverse compatible with your fork. You could buy it off me if so and get someone like LoCo (who can probably also confirm if the ‘retrofit’ will work) to fit it.

2. Or I also have a RS Sektor U turn coil fork for sale. 20mm Maxle light and U turn adjust 150-110 mm. Good condition, just domn a lower service but have decided to stick with my air Rev’s now. Obviously you would want the above coil with the fork and it wouild be an easy swap over.

I bought the firm coil as all the MBR reviews had stated the the standard spring was too soft which was not the case for me.

You’ll probably be able to buy mine and sell yours for very little difference 🙂

If you’re genuinley interested, email me at marcusstart@hotmail.co.uk and I’ll sort some pics out.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Cheers Steel, there’s no shortage of U-Turn springs around, jut not sure if they’re backwards comaptible. I have spoken to Loco about my issue, and it wasn’t mentioned as an option, so maybe not??

I am hovering over the button on a pair of solo air sektors at the moment…

I will give it some thought, and let you know if I’m interested…don’t want to waste anyones time.

Thanks again.

superdan

I just got a an X-firm Dual position coil from TF: http://www.tftunedshox.com/Catalogue/Shop-RockShox/RockShox/Sektor-Parts

chakaping
    Free Member

What bike you got?

You might enjoy having a burlier fork for the Alps anyway.

You’ll get a good secondhand Lyrik or Fox 36 for £400.

_tom_
    Free Member

Steel4real, I’m interested in your sektor if the op isnt. Could you please email me some pics and a price? My address is in my profile 🙂

steel4real
    Free Member

No worries – due to go on the classifieds and then ebay in the next few weeks if I ever get time to sort out my bike gear !

And to Tom above, I’ll sort out tonight 🙂

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

@Superdan – tried TF, but no Firm springs, and not likely to be any anytime soon 🙁 think X-Firm will be too much.

@Chakaping – It’s an Evil Sovereign hardtail, so for the type of riding I’m going to do, prob don’t need much more.

gonzy
    Free Member

Cheers..frame ok up to 150mm though. so 170 a bit too much.

they can be reduced to 150mm….the cheaper 55r has 160mm

Conan257
    Free Member

If you’re set on a new fork, Merlin have 150mm Revelations for £315…

Pretty cheap considering

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Chris,
    I have a 2013 Sektor rl 150 Solo Air for sale in white if you are interested.
    Pm in my profile.
    Regards
    Richard

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I_Ache – Member

This any good?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RockShox-Position-Spring-Shaft-Sektor/dp/B006KV7678

Cheers I_Ache – I saw these, but my fork is the 150mm version.

plyphon
    Free Member

I think Merlin and OnOne have offers on Revs atm. Air, 150mm, bosh.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Pikes. Coil > air

I_Ache
    Free Member

Bum, sorry.

Have you tried Fishers?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Yeah fishers can’t supply, and don’t know when they’ll be able to.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Thanks for all the help folks, Merlin have just relieved me of a few quid but I have a nice set of 2013 Rev Air RLT’s on route. 😀

I’ll sell the Sektors when I’ve swapped them over, or if i do find a spring I’ll probably end up building another bike. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Stuck with soggy fork/Buy new fork/Buy new frame…aghhh!!!’ is closed to new replies.