Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Stuck in Itallian hospital TDF Live Stream
  • Swelper
    Free Member

Kinda find myself stuck in an Itallian hospital after putting the bike where it shouldn’t be.

Does anyone have any recommendations to a live stream site I could use to watch the TDF this afternoon

Much appreciated

anagallis_arvensis

Mobdro download

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/filmon/default.asp?c=101

I used this last night. Reliable stream of ITV4

Heal fast!

Swelper
    Free Member

Cheers, appreciated.

Yeah Airlifted out of mountains. CT scan. Severed the main atery to the spleen, emergency surgery to fix. Along Three fractured ribs. It’s very sore. Six days in hospital so far and looking at being discharged mid next week for repatriation.

Riverria Cycling have been truly awesome. The medical team also outstanding. Friends amazing. And snow card insurance who are just arranging everything with zero involvement from me thus allowing me to recover without worry such a slick outfit to the point they will fully expense my girlfriend to come out

Jerome
    Free Member

Heal quick.
    Good to hear on snow card.
    Have used them many a time, but never needed to claim yet..

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ouch OP. Quality recommendation for snowcard. Healing vibes.

ourmaninthenorth

Oucheroo OP!

Hope you heal fast.

Enjoy the attention of the Italian nurses – you can even try your best “whaddabeautifullaydeeeee” comedy Italian accent.

grahamt1980

Severed artery to the spleen. Sounds like you had some good riding partners to get you out of there so quick.
    Heal fast

Leku
    Free Member

Ohh get well soon.

I need to organise my insurance for Italy for September. Which level of Snowcard cover did you get? There seems to be several options for ‘mountain biking’. Very impressed with the way they are looking after you.

Swelper
    Free Member

Graham. felt like an eternity for the medivac to arrive. We gave them lat/long coordinates which quickened there arrival I suspect they were in the area too. hardest part for them was locating an entry point through the tree cover. Rivers is guide helped massively too. Surgeon did say it was a matter of saving the organ, from that I’m taking it was borderline. Swelling to abdomin due to internal bleeding which is dispersing gradually. Alls heading in the right direction which is good

jambalaya
    Free Member

Can we ask what you did ? Impale yourself on a tree or bike bars (?) ?

neilthewheel

Good afternoon, Spleenie! I hope you are feeling better today.
    Here’s the rock that did the damage…

nasher
    Free Member

Glad you’re healing well Steve and u have sorted the live stream. C u Mon night, hopefully we can go for a strol and grab a gelato

grahamt1980

Glad they got you out then. Sounds like it could have been a bit hairy.

Swelper
    Free Member

Leku: I plumbed for extreme adventure option

nasher: I’m up for that no probs, see you tomorrow

anagallis_arvensis

Is that an oddsox shirt?

Swelper
    Free Member

Certainly is my friend.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I believe I am correct in saying @niel broke his collar bone the day after that photo !

Swelper
    Free Member

Yeah that’s right. Quite an eventful week to say the least

anagallis_arvensis

So were you out there with Chris Sherrat? I saw some pics on facebook of someone being helicoptered out.

Swelper
    Free Member

We were and that soul in the picture is the one and only Chris Sherrat. Lovely bloke Chris known him for longer than I care to remember

anagallis_arvensis

So it is, didnt recognise him from that angle!!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Stuck in Itallian hospital TDF Live Stream’ is closed to new replies.