Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Strava users.
  • MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Downloaded the Strava app last night and I really like it. Looks like it could be a good motivational tool for training.

For those of you who have it, is it worth paying for the upgraded version? From what I can see there are only a few extra features but not sure if they’re worth the cost.

Thanks, MM.

hugor
    Free Member

Strava has really changed the way I ride.
    Also interested in this question as also using the free version.

arcoolc
    Free Member

I only use the free version.

RickyRah
    Free Member

I think you just get more detailed analysis options like the suffer score and HR analysis. I think you also get other leaderboard filters such as by age groups. I personally don’t think it’s worth it.

toons
    Free Member

This code will get you 3 months free

NM3M11

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

You star. Thank you. 😀

lunge

Any way you can transfer rides from iMapmyride to Strava? I have a few posted on the former and would like to move them over.

wwaswas

as long as you can save them as gpx type files then strava will upload them – I uploaded all my old Garmin stuff to Strava.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I don’t use mapmyride, but I do use garmin connect. I occasionally export files from Garmin Connect and then upload them to the Strava site (mainly if I have been out for a ride which includes some climbs I’ve done a few times before and I now include segments).

If you can export from mapmyride (for example as a .tcx file) then you can upload that to Strava quite easily.

momo

Thanks toons.

I like Strava, it’s made all my rides feel like I’m racing (albeit slowly and mainly against myself!), first thing I do when I get home is fire up the laptop and have a scan through my segments.

Doh1Nut

When exporting from Garmin Connect to Strava using a GPX file, do the segments come up?

I have a couple but is has refused to recognise the segments that I plainly ride through.

🙄

will
    Free Member

Doh1nut – It should do! Maybe ask Strava?

Strava really is great! Use it for everyride now, and really like the segments and the racing. Also cool to check your KOMs!

njee20
    Free Member

Trouble is as more people get into Strava I’m losing my KOMs! I got Gee into it, he’s quicker than me, and I do a lot of my MTBing with him, so that’s a lost cause dammit!

cheers_drive

PSA
    If you haven’t already you should set an exclusion zone (not sure what its called) in the security settings so it doesn’t show up where you live for any bike thieving scum. You ideally need to put in a couple of nearby addresses so they can’t triangulate.

mark85xc
    Free Member

Anyone else thing this KOM is a bit suspect?

Cheat!

My mate reckons it’s a scally making a getaway on a stolen carbon road bike moped, tracking it with his stolen iPhone.

toons
    Free Member

Doh1nut we’ve found Strava isn’t that accurate 🙁 and some people, mainly iPhone users, are experiencing the same thing as you.

If you’re using an iPhone, use the Garmin fit app and import the file into Strava.

toons
    Free Member

mark85xc he clearly left it switched on in his car!

toons
    Free Member

thanks cheers_drive

toons
    Free Member

I’ve created a new club called Singletrackworld if you wanna join?

njee20
    Free Member

There’s already one on there, I created it a while back.

Edit: Here

wwaswas

cheers_drive – good tip, thanks.

rootes1

I’ve created a new club called Singletrackworld if you wanna join?

already:
    http://app.strava.com/clubs/singletrackworld-com-forumites

foxyrider
    Free Member

Joined – excuse my road rides as training for JOGLE ATM 😳

zilog6128

This code will get you 3 months free

nice one, thanks!

I’m sure there used to be a “flag ride” button for reporting suspect KOMs… can’t find it now though (or has it been removed?)

toons
    Free Member

Ta njee20, I did search for singletrackworld!! I’ve deleted the club.

njee20
    Free Member

I’m sure there used to be a “flag ride” button for reporting suspect KOMs.

Top right of the segment – I still see a ‘flag’ button?

zilog6128

Top right of the segment – I still see a ‘flag’ button?

Weird – the button is there briefly whilst the page is loading but is then replaced by the “Ridden x times by y people” info!

andytherocketeer

If you haven’t already you should set an exclusion zone

Can also do this using GPSBabel on a gpx file too before uploading (to any site), if you wish. Then your home never appears anywhere online.

OK it might render stats a bit more inaccurate, but shouldn’t be too bad.

bagpuss
    Free Member

Toons – thank you, I’ve wondered if it was worth it, now I’ll find out.

dobo
    Free Member

I’m liking Strava, just checking out the premium features and analysing my crowthorne race and have a sufferfest score of 116 and points in the red of 116 🙂 its fairly interesting comparing to the previous round where my stats are very different. look forward to comparing a few other races.

strava does have some bugs though, the segment ranking is borked at times and often doesnt report the correct awards/ranks

also the most annoying one is that if i do a run of say 11k thats a fast one and i check my best 10k time under my profile it doesnt show because it wasnt exactley 10k?

Aidy
    Free Member

Might’ve been reported in the meantime, but the current KOM doesn’t seem massively suspect.
    He’s got an average speed of 17.5mph and top speed of 33.4mph for the ride.

Quick, but not unbelievably so.

Aidy
    Free Member

Weird – the button is there briefly whilst the page is loading but is then replaced by the “Ridden x times by y people” info!

You need to flag the ride not the segment.

Click on the guy’s time, then “Back to ride”, then you should see it.

Taff
    Free Member

Is this much better than Endomondo? Been using it for a whil but get annoyed with 30% battery usage per hour. Is this any better?

Jason
    Free Member

Thanks of the free code 🙂

I have been using Strava for a few months, and do like it. There seem to be more local users so the Segments are getting more competitive, I keep having to search out more distant ones to get some KOMs.

I’m liking Strava, just checking out the premium features and analysing my crowthorne race and have a sufferfest score of 116 and points in the red of 116 its fairly interesting comparing to the previous round where my stats are very different. look forward to comparing a few other races.

I managed a sufferfest score of 152 at Crowthorne, in comparison at the Swinley race it was just over 100 – although I wasn’t trying to hard at that one. I am not sure how useful the figure is, but it does make comparison interesting

alanbill99

I’ve been using it for a few months now and love the segments.

Is this much better than Endomondo? Been using it for a whil but get annoyed with 30% battery usage per hour. Is this any better?

Taff – I was suffering with my iPhone battery life over 2-3hrs, so I got one of these battery skins. Love it. Completely converted, upload a ride at the top of a segment to see if you need to go ride it again ! 7 hours battery now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Powerskin-MiLi-External-Power-Pack-iPhone-3G-3GS-Black-/160727108026#vi-content

trickydisco
    Free Member

I managed a sufferfest score of 152 at Crowthorne

pahh! nothing in comparison to 227

* I think my HR was playing silly buggers up the 8 mile climb i seem to remember

atlaz
    Free Member

I got fed up of that in general and spent 150 quid on a Garmin Edge 500. Happily does its own thing, gives me some useful info, doesn’t burn the phone battery down.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Strava users.’ is closed to new replies.