Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Strava on iphone battery life
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

I have started using Strava on my iphone, any ideas how long a fully charged battery should last on a iphone 4s running Strava ?

plumber
    Free Member

About 2 hours on my 3 gs

momo

I got just over 4 1/2 hours out of mine last week.

Furious

I got 4 hours out of my 4S last week using Strava for the 1st time – it wasn’t enough for the ride I was on! I lost 9km of tracking and more importantly, no emergency phone (I was out on my own).

I’m going to revert to Cyclemeter for tracking and import the files into Strava. Cyclemeter has never left me with less than 30% battery even on my longest rides

zilog6128

Remember to turn bluetooth & wifi off to maximise battery life (this is where having a jb iPhone comes in real handy!)

jam-bo

(this is where having a jb iPhone comes in real handy!)

You knows its pretty easy to turn them off on a non jail broken phone.?

zilog6128

pretty easy, but nowhere near as easy (i.e. one swipe, one press)

phillconnell

The greatest offender seems to be the backlight. One long rides, wifi and bluetooth go off but I’ve read that Strava is a lot more battery-hungry than Cyclemeter generally, so I’m also using Cyclemeter then uploading the gpx to Strava when I want to get the extra info.

I stuck a little step-by-step here, but it’s easy once you’ve done it once.

druff
    Free Member

At first I found I’d get a couple of hours but prolonged (daily use) saw my battery crippled and me making a return journey (having removed the Strava app) to the Apple store to complain about battery life and ended up with a replacement phone.

I didn’t think about doing as others above have suggested and turning off other features such as WiFi and Bluetooth though.

alfabus
    Free Member

Strava is worse than Endomondo for me (3gs)

I get about 3.5 -> 4 hours before it dies; although I do like that you can resume it once plugged in and upload what it did get.

Dave

shortcut

Damn awful! Bought a Garmin 200!
    Now I can do Strava and make calls in the same day!

mattjg
    Free Member

Make sure you pause it in the pub, that helps a lot.

I get 3hrs moving time on a 3 year old well used 3GS.

MrSparkle

Yeah, getting just shy of 3 hrs on my owd 3gs.

muggomagic

I also found with the iPhone Strava app that it wasn’t very good at recording the routes. Had loads of missed segments through fast twisty singletrack. Switched back to motion x and that was much better.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Strava on iphone battery life’ is closed to new replies.