Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Strathpuffer 2010
  • churcherian
    Free Member

Can anyone confirm if Strathpuffer 2010 will be on exactly the same course as this year? If so, i would also assume the camping etc will also be the same.
    Cheers for any info
    Ian

jemima
    Free Member

I'd imagine there will be some tweaks to the course to keep it interesting but generally will cover the same route. I imagine the camping etc will be as usual.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am fairly sure the camping is as last year hence the restrictions on numbers

epicyclo

If you go solo you don't need to camp 🙂

The course gets changed depending on conditions, but probably much the same. Nice long climb, lumpy bits through the woods, down View Rock, and that's it, easy 🙂

cullen-bay
    Free Member

a nice walk for you epicyclo? i think there is a wee bit of stone pitching going on at the moment, camping is the same , all the way up the firetrack and down at contin.

P.s Course is riding VERY slowly atm, the firetrack is like treacle.

this means nothing however, it will have been snowed on, rained on, frozen (on?), hailed on, but not been shined on in 3 weeks (!) time.

epicyclo

cullen-bay – Member
    a nice walk for you epicyclo?

You are only allowed to insult me when you ride a proper bike for the full 24 hours.

And yes, I am planning on doing a bit of walking- they count the laps, not how you do them.

Seeing as I was carted off in an ambulance to the Cardiac ward 2 weeks ago, maybe a bit more walking than usual 🙂

cullen-bay
    Free Member

im seriously considering solo next year epicyclo….. depends if you'll lend me a Rigid SS 29er with flexy frame or not…
    p,s is the rigid ss 29 proflex niche enough?

trail_rat
    Free Member

it will be a long walk for everyone if this snow doesnt **** off …1.8 muds were fine in 3 inches yesterday – 29er ACX are good on sheet ice but neither are good in 16 inches – when you cant turn the pedals for snow -ala laggan today

cullen-bay
    Free Member

i got me some studded tyres… im sorted, unless in the very likely event it will be like it is right now…

and we can start our annual game of guess the weather at the puffer soon, in 4 days… when metguess starts us off with their first guess.

up untill the 12th it looks like it will be VERY cold. -5 mid day…
    😉

churcherian
    Free Member

If the snow stays the first lap will be hell! After a few laps some lines should start to appear and get ridden in (hopefully). The snow last year was ok, but that didn't start until about 3 in the morning….

epicyclo

cullen-bay – Member
    …is the rigid ss 29 proflex niche enough?

It's not about niche, it's about having as little bike as possible, and as few things to break as possible.

I'm ok to ride now, so I'll probably hit the course tomorrow.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

churcherian- us locals are doing you a big favour by riding it right now…. :-). if we werent being so selfless then you would be facing a good foot of unridden, unpassable snow… 😆

epicyclo – Member
    cullen-bay – Member
    …is the rigid ss 29 proflex niche enough?

It's not about niche, it's about having as little bike as possible, and as few things to break as possible.
    I'm ok to ride now, so I'll probably hit the course tomorrow.

Drum brakes… heavy arent they? ok ok they're reliable….

so you want to have as little bike as possible, why not carbon… your not going to break it by pushing it… 😈 😯

churcherian
    Free Member

Yes we are really grateful that you are grooming the snow into suitable shoots for us non-locals, cheers. If you could go round the entire course with a blowtorch and melt the snow….that would be really kind 😀

jojoA1
    Free Member

Watch out not to polish it too much Cullen. A nice crusty frosty finish will be perfect, thanks. Could you also make sure the lovely rocky bits are clear and dry for us please?

cullen-bay
    Free Member

im going up today so il scrape the snow off of the rock slabs and pour some water down them, how does that sound? any other requests on how we should Piste the course?
    this year could be the mega-avapuffer…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

whos got a pugsley SS i can borrow 😀

with a bit of luck my claw 120s (that have been on order since august should be here ….. they have gotten lost in the post twice … TNT are great….)

cullen-bay
    Free Member

if conditions are like it is right now, trail rat, they dont work at all. the best tyres right now are Trailrakery type things, all out full mud tyres

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Strathpuffer 2010’ is closed to new replies.