Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Stop me lying in bed all day…
  • miaowing_kat
    Free Member

My friends have cancelled on the climbing session we had planned this afternoon. I spent most of last week not doing much and I'm tired of lazing about (I'm on holiday).
    What do I do this afternoon to stop myself falling into a hole of boredom?
    Biking is not an option. Neither is anything that involves friends, as they're all unavailable at the moment.
    Yes, I know it's pathetic but it's getting me upset and it's so easy to just curl up in bed and feel rubbish.

Any help appreciated

jackthedog
    Free Member

Why is biking not an option?

Go for a walk instead.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Cinema?

Where abouts are you?

Onzadog
    Free Member

borrow someone's dog. Take it out and play with it. Can;t fail to lift your spirits.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I will send some of the STW posse round to join you unless you get out of that bed pronto!

Lets see – SFB, Hora, Too tall? That should be a scary combination

guitarhero
    Free Member

skin up? Always used to make me feel better about doing nothing 🙂

GrahamS

What you need is a games console 😀

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

hahahaha, TJ – thankfully I think they all live slightly out of reach (desperately hoping that's the case anyway)

I don't know anyone with a dog 🙁

I'm in Dundee. I did check the cinema – all the films are crapola unfortunately
    and (poor excuse here) I don't want to go biking or walking because I just get moody when left alone with my thoughts.

mudsux
    Free Member

make the most of your broadband bandwidth 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

I don't want to go biking or walking because I just get moody when left alone with my thoughts.

But aren't you doing that very thing by lying in bed? At least if you go do some exercise you'll feel better for being active, getting fit, and you never know who you might meet out on the hills – you might end up with an excuse to stay in bed all day 😉 😀

Onzadog
    Free Member

Scottish SPCA Angus, Fife & Tayside Animal Rescue & Rehoming Centre
    Petterden, Dundee, DD4 0QD
    Tel: 03000 999 999
    http://www.scottishspca.org

crazy-legs

The beach at Broughty Ferry?
    Or rent a DVD?
    Go down to Borders and see if you can pick up a bargain in the closing down sales?
    Why is biking not an option?

I like Dundee, it's a mostly nice place. Apart from coming back into town through Lochee! 😉

As you can probably tell, I'm up there fairly regularly. I don't have a dog though, can't help you on that one…

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I'm sorry – walking by myself just makes me feel really bad – I find the large open sky very intimidating and a reminder that I'm all alone. I know some people take comfort from that fact – like when looking up at a starry sky – but I just see a summing up of our insignificance and a potential meteor about to wipe out the earth 🙂

crazy-legs

m_k, drop me a line if you want… jamesATbeastwayDOTcom

TPTcruiser

Enjoy the freewheeling time you have. Pottering, tweaking and browsing fills time. Being on here!!!
    Think of a book and devise illustrations for it? Or is that too much like work.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

No one I know has a dog because we're all students and can't keep pets. TPT is right – I should really be drawing something. I've decided to do something constructive and start researching for my essay for next semester 🙂 thankyou everyone!

MrNutt
    Free Member

bake a cake, make a pie, make some chutney or build a fort in the living room.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I spent the whole weekend moping about the house as it was cold and foggy. I feel rather angry with myself now its monday and i'm at work.

Andituk
    Free Member

If I was a girl, you'd never get me out of bed either. 😐

joolsburger
    Free Member

If you were a man I'd suggest an ADW but as you're not I have nothing to offer, sorry.

Decorate a room 20 quid and will keep you busy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Stop me lying in bed all day…’ is closed to new replies.