Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stolen – Genesis Altitude, Exeter
  • luket

White 19 inch Genesis Altitude pinched on Saturday from a garage in Exeter. Sadly lacking in distinguishing features so hard to see it getting found.

There seems to have been a lot of it in these parts recently so posting as a warning to others as much as anything else.

Any advice gratefully received!

Luke

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Luke,

Please tell me Jo hasn’t had her bike lifted AGAIN?

Simon.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

simon – jo’s was replaced with a whyte – got me worried for a second then!

good luck finding this genesis – exeter seems to have been having quite a few thefts recently 🙁

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

(assuming you mean the jo who had an orange altitude nicked in the summer… and a giant nicked in the spring)

Kip

Whereabouts in Exeter? Just curious if there’s a location pattern. Will keep eye out but I’m sure you’re aware of the chances.

And yes, that Jo!

luket

Was around the Mount Pleasant area. Have been a few locally – I’ve seen a couple of notices up recently, a friend had one taken out of a garden a few months back and another neighbour some time before.

Curious set of responses there – I don’t recognise the usernames but do I know you folks? Sounds like maybe I should!

L

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

probably don’t know me – a good friend of jo’s (tom), visited for a little while back in oct/nov, rode with a few of her friends. now back in france.

toys19
    Free Member

Please post a pic, I’m always out around town on my bike and am a nit of a spotter… Frame no? Slso look in whipton, rifford road.

luket

Sadly lacking decent pics for this bike. It wasn’t mine – I have a quantity of photos of my own bikes that makes my other half think I need some sort of help, but unfortunately of this one I have only blurred pictures of it being ridden in the snow, which is sod’s law I guess. Standard white Altitude (orig spec white [Recons?], black deore chainset, black bars & stem, white saddle) only changes are Nevegal and High Roller tyres, chunky silver flats and an unbranded silver seatpost, fairly scruffy looking drivetrain unless the wee f3ckers have given it a proper scrub up….

toys19
    Free Member

Will keep em peeled. A very nice 90’s steel framed retro bike was recovered only last week by my mate in the centre of Exeter, it’s possible.

luket

Thanks Toys. V kind. Have we met? I went on a Dartmoor forum ride a few months back and I think I recognise your user name, possibly from that. If so I was the one riding a black Cotic Hemlock and looking very tired at the end…

Always up for riding buddies!

Luke

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stolen – Genesis Altitude, Exeter’ is closed to new replies.