Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stolen; All my bikes-Solihull 11/03/11
  • LimboJimbo

I’ve always looked at these threads with sympathy but now I find myself posting one. 🙁

At some point last night the scumbag fairy relieved us of my On-one Ti456, my wife’s Boardman HT Comp, and my Tricross. All were secured to a big fat bike rail in the underground parking of our apartments. They simply ground through the 4″ bars rather than tackle the 3 Abus locks and cable and I assume chucked the lot in a van.
    My buddies and I will be scouring Ebay but I would be stoked if the ever vigilant STW massive could keep their eyes peeled. My email is in my profile.
    The spec of the On-one is pretty unique and I’ve summarised it below, as I have with Joanne’s as well. The Tricross was my C2W bike and was standard, but for a black Thomson stem.

IMG_0124 by Required Listening, on Flickr

On One Ti456 (the Lynskey one) 16″
    DT Swiss XMC 130’s
    Hope Pro 2 on XM817’s
    Thomson stem/seatpost
    Avid Juicy Ultimates
    Sram X9 all round

IMG_0115 by Required Listening, on Flickr

Boardman HT Comp 16″
    Fox Talas RLC
    Front Cross Trail, rear Crossland Wheels in silver
    XT mechs and shifters
    Blue girly grips and saddle
    Post moderne suspension seatpost.

Thanks for looking folks and hope you all have a great evening.

James.

flip
    Free Member

4″ bars?

You have my sympathy, i’ll keep on the lookout, i live in Cannock Staffs.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

🙁

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Tamworth area here I’ll keep ’em peeled. Barstewards.

stratobiker
    Free Member

****!!!
    What sort of scum steals another mans bike?

I hope you get them back.

There’s some expert bike tracers on here. Bring the might of STW to bear.

allthepies
    Free Member

Juan Kerrs etc 🙁

mmb
    Free Member

looking out in bournemouth/poole area too, my sympathy.

addy6402

Sorry to hear that, will keep an eye out in S.Brum/Worcs….

LimboJimbo

Thanks guy’s. We are insured but it’s the massive ballache suddenly having no bikes creates. Swinley next weekend is now off and the Mrs has a Dales Bike Centre course booked for the 26th that we will have to beg/borrow/hire her a bike for, as it was a Christmas present for her and her sister. Honestly, seeing a big empty space where your pride and joy is meant to be is just sickening. What gets me is that someone who mountainbikes will buy them, knowing full well they are moody. All these bikes must go somewhere. Thieves will always thieve, but without the market for them, it wouldn’t be worth their while. Just a thought. 😐

shindiggy
    Free Member

I’ll keep my eyes peeled on the local trails, i’m always in Shirley, Work in Brum, ride everywhere.

Dalesbikecentre

Real bad news, wish we could magic them back for you. Will keep an keen eye out for your bikes dropping by here.

We’ll sort Mrs LimboJimbo with a very a nice bike to use on the course she’s booked with us, no cost. I know it’s not going to be quite as good riding her own bike but it’ll be a close second.

Drop me an email.

Stu @ Dales Bike Centre

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stolen; All my bikes-Solihull 11/03/11’ is closed to new replies.