Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stinking trainers
  • sexpest
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of pairs of salomon trainers and they fncking stink. I have to wash them at least once a week or they border on weapons grade offensive.
    None of my other footwear whiffs too bad so surely this can’t be right it’s only these trainers.

Any help would be gratefully recieved, especially by my family.

woody2000

Put a bit of Bicarb or some charcoal BBQ briquettes in them overnight, sorted 🙂

Or wash your feet every now and then! 😛

surfer
    Free Member

My running shoes stay outside. I leave them outside the front or back door and in wet weather Mrs Surfer shouts if their is more than three pairs drying between runs.

I dont have smelly feet but running shoes always end up smelling of Cat P*** no matter what.
    I always carry running gear in my car to get training sessions in when I am working long days or traveling. Unless I seal then in bags the car stinks!!

Possibly too much information!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Freezer bag and a sheet of bounce..

Put trainers in bag, add sheet of Bounce, seal bag, and the moisture from yer trainers absorbs the fragrance from the sheet of bounce.

Job Done.

trailmonkey

Stick them in the washing machine and only wear them again once you’ve stuck some trainer tamers inside.

surfer
    Free Member

Washing them in the machine damages the EVA midsole I understand. I have done it in the past but they have never felt the same again.

tinker-belle
    Free Member

Chuck in a couple of slices of burnt toast over night. then throw it out – do not eat the toast for breakfast… 😉

flatback
    Free Member

put them in the freezer it kills the little smelly bugs and bacteria

coffeeking
    Free Member

Washing them in the machine damages the EVA midsole I understand. I have done it in the past but they have never felt the same again.

Just put them on a cold wash. Doesnt do much for killing bugs though. There’s a chemical solution to it, I think its called oxidation…

Soup
    Free Member

Incidentally, the issue around smelly feet’s not down to simply washing them regularly, you need to exfoliate do remove the dead skin cells which cause the worst odours.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’d have thought washing would involve a scrub, rather than just tickling with soap and water, for most parts of the body lol

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stinking trainers’ is closed to new replies.